Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Array

School
    10TH Planet Morgantown
    I have worn my gi on occassion. Generally when I'm cold in the winter but the leg grip in hi guard is nothing short of amazing. I really dont use collars or grips or sleeves, Being a gi guy from the beginning I truly believe they are 2 different sports so I chose not to mix and match. More power to you guys though... I think its great!

Quote Originally Posted by Renato Laranja View Post
    Thats Jiu-Jitsu.
    Hahaha!

Array

School
    Port City MMA
    I just started training in the gi again after taking sometime away from it and swearing that I would never put one back on... So Ari, im down with the hangman idea!!! Jon, I think i know what you are talking about.. Don't you open the lapel behind the guys neck and stick you heel in there and then cross your other foot on top of that one???

Array

School
    10th Planet Victoria
    Yep Josh, that is the hangman technique. I've pulled it off from time to time.
    ---------------------
    www.fiercestudio.ca home of 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Victoria
    Owner of Submissions 101

“To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing.”-Elbert Hubbard

Array

School
    10TH Planet Morgantown
    AJ -

Hit up www.breakpointfc.com you can buy pants without having to invest in a gi top. I love them! Just don't get Gold weave or heavy weights... You'll sweat out on the mat

Array

School
    Port City MMA
    Oh snap, I never knew it had a name... Thanks for the info Ari!!!

Array

School
    Charlotte Jiu Jitsu Academy
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh Smith View Post
    I just started training in the gi again after taking sometime away from it and swearing that I would never put one back on... So Ari, im down with the hangman idea!!! Jon, I think i know what you are talking about.. Don't you open the lapel behind the guys neck and stick you heel in there and then cross your other foot on top of that one???
    That's actually not it Josh. I know what your talking about though. Let me try to see if I can explain it better. Your not opening up the lapel behind their neck. You break your opponent down and then untuck their lapel out from under their belt on their back. Then take the bottom of their lapel and pull it diagonal across their back beside their neck. This will keep their posture broken down. Your hand should be in a chill dog type position, but instead of grabbing your leg, you are grabbing the bottom of their lapel. Hope that makes sense.
    I'll make a vid if you guys want. I'm not expert on the technique though, just something I'm playing around with.

Array

School
    Hoosier Fight Club
    Yes, this is the same control Braulio Estima uses/teaches.

I'm still training gi and sleeve chokes from whip up are always money for me

Array

School
    10th Planet Charlotte
    Sprawl makes a pair of gi pants with their same innovations for fight shorts. Just and FYI.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast