Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Array

School
    Northwest Jiu Jitsu Academy
    Everyone so far has given great advice. The two cents that I would like to add is WARM UP PROPERLY!!! Seriously, it took me several tournaments to figure this out. Make sure and have a light sweat going before your match. A hooded sweat shirt, or several layers is a good idea. The pace in competition can rarely be prepared for by just rolling in the gym. Being properly warmed up will help allot to prevent the Adrenalin dump. since this is your first tournament you may have never experienced this. In my experience, if I have cotton mouth after my match, then I had an adrenalin dump, and my whole body feels exhausted as well. I've won matches by submission, but had that dump, and felt worthless moving on. If you can figure this out during your first tournament, that would be huge, & I would consider it a victory in and of itself. Once you figure this out, your confidence will increase tremendously, and after technique, confidence is one of the most important tools to winning. When you are confident you can play your game to the fullest. Good luck!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12