Array

School
    N/A

Butterfly Guard and X Guard

Is it necessary to drill the butterfly and x guard on both sides? EX: setups, sweeps, counters, etc.
    Please help me, it would save tons of time and energy if I knew a logical answer and the right approach to this. Thanks.

personally I would say yes, since you never know when the other guy is going to give you the chance to make your move, and he may not go to your "good" side. Submissions I tend to favor strong side set ups and finish, but sweeps and esp x-guard I try to work both sides, as they tend to more attacks of oppurtunity than submissions.

Array

School
    M1 Action Design
    I look at it like the more weapons you have have the better the army and shorter the war. I like to master things on one side than start working on my weak side.

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Rizzuto View Post
    I look at it like the more weapons you have have the better the army and shorter the war. I like to master things on one side than start working on my weak side.
    agreed

Array

School
    Fi-G Muay Thai/Honeybadger MMA
    Injuries quickly make you realise that while your left or right handed, you can teach either side to do anything far faster than it feels like. One side just feels way worse/spaggier than the other at the start.

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin/JKD Institute
    My X Guard needs some serious work lol.