Seminar Tickets?
    ETC.?

Thanks

Costs? Depends on the Instructor
    Who pays for them? The Host
    Instructor Booking? The Host
    Instructor Transportation? The Host
    Instructor Lodging? The Host
    Instructor's Food? Most Instructors pay for their own food. But When I host an Instructor at my place I usually cover the cost of a dinner or two.
    Seminar Tickets? The Host is responsible for keeping track and organizing the event including collection of the funds.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10thplanetjj.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    Costs? Depends on the Instructor
    Who pays for them? The Host
    Instructor Booking? The Host
    Instructor Transportation? The Host
    Instructor Lodging? The Host
    Instructor's Food? Most Instructors pay for their own food. But When I host an Instructor at my place I usually cover the cost of a dinner or two.
    Seminar Tickets? The Host is responsible for keeping track and organizing the event including collection of the funds.
    Thanks Chris Herzog for your reply but I was hoping for more in-depth answers to my questions. With all do respect, before I posted this thread I all ready thought that "The Host" would cover most of if not everything & that the "Costs" would depend on the Instructor. I guess I should have asked my questions in more detail. I will try and repost my questions in more detail so that if you or others would still like to help me & the forum understand the workings of "Seminars" more clearly, you may do so.

Thanks Again.

Array

School
    10thplanetjj.com
    "Costs"

What "usually" are all the "Costs" involved in putting a "Seminar" together?

Instructor Booking?; Seminar ADs?; Instructor Transportation?; Instructor Lodging?; Instructor's Food?; Seminar Tickets?; Chillin w/ Instructor after class, ie BBQ, ballgame, etc?;. . . . . . . . .What??

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Every instructor has a different price.

My price is $2500 for 3 hours of instruction or 70% of the total money collected whichever is more, plus airfare and hotel. The remaining 30% goes to the host to cover expenses.

The cost to attend my seminars is $100 which means if 30 people show up you pretty much have the expenses covered

email me if you are interested, I am booked thru the end of the year twisterbravo@sbcglobal.net
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    10thplanetjj.com
    "Who Pays"

As I would imagine "The Host" would "usually" cover most of all the "Costs" but is there anything that the "Instructor" might cover or help cover like "Food"?

Do school owners ever have a group of their students come together and ask them if they would host a "Seminar" with such & such if they paid for it or at least some of it?

Do school owners ever propose to their students a "Seminar" with such & such if they help pay for it?

Have you ever put on a "Seminar" with a "Sponsor"? How did you set that up?

ETC.?

Array

School
    10thplanetjj.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    Every instructor has a different price.

My price is $2500 for 3 hours of instruction or 70% of the total money collected whichever is more, plus airfare and hotel. The remaining 30% goes to the host to cover expenses.

The cost to attend my seminars is $100 which means if 30 people show up you pretty much have the expenses covered

email me if you are interested, I am booked thru the end of the year twisterbravo@sbcglobal.net
    Thank You Sensei Eddie Bravo

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael McGuire View Post
    "Who Pays"

As I would imagine "The Host" would "usually" cover most of all the "Costs" but is there anything that the "Instructor" might cover or help cover like "Food"?

Do school owners ever have a group of their students come together and ask them if they would host a "Seminar" with such & such if they paid for it or at least some of it?

Do school owners ever propose to their students a "Seminar" with such & such if they help pay for it?

Have you ever put on a "Seminar" with a "Sponsor"? How did you set that up?

ETC.?

The host pays for the instructors travel (flight) & Hotel and the cost of the seminar instruction which using Eddies rate is $2500. There isn't an expectation to pay for the instructors food. But I foot the bill when I have and instructor doing a seminar at my place and we take them out to dinner.

I've never had students assist in "covering" expenses when I host a seminar. I wouldn't even ask them. You don't see too many seminars having "paid sponsors".

Never heard of doing paid advertising for seminars. Best places to advertise are free, Twitter, Facebook, Youtube, other mma and Jiu Jitsu websites, etc. Also having a flyer and droping it off around other schools in the area should help as well. When I host a seminar I contact schools that I'm friends with, I may cut the instructor of that school a break if there bring say 5 students with them I'll allow that instuctor to attend the seminar for free.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10thplanetjj.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    The host pays for the instructors travel (flight) & Hotel and the cost of the seminar instruction which using Eddies rate is $2500. There isn't an expectation to pay for the instructors food. But I foot the bill when I have and instructor doing a seminar at my place and we take them out to dinner.

I've never had students assist in "covering" expenses when I host a seminar. I wouldn't even ask them. You don't see too many seminars having "paid sponsors".

Never heard of doing paid advertising for seminars. Best places to advertise are free, Twitter, Facebook, Youtube, other mma and Jiu Jitsu websites, etc. Also having a flyer and droping it off around other schools in the area should help as well. When I host a seminar I contact schools that I'm friends with, I may cut the instructor of that school a break if there bring say 5 students with them I'll allow that instuctor to attend the seminar for free.
    Thanks Chris Herzog, greatly appreciated.

Array

School
    BETA Academy
    this is some great info...now i need to find 30 people

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast