Array

School
    Striker Fight Center

IBJJF Rules on Stretching the Legs Apart

I think the IBJJF is being more open minded? I had 10th Planet Peers get DQ'd for Electric Chair or Crotch Ripper submissions in years past, but the new and improved and much-needed-of-an-update 2012 IBJJF rule book (now in PDF format!) states you can stretch the legs apart. I always remember this being prohibited before. Only the kids cannot submit by stretching the legs apart.

Also, the rule book now includes accompanying photos.

rules.jpg

rule1photo.png
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Mark Holloway; 06-29-2012 at 07:04 AM.

Array

School
    Pontefract England
    Most techniques can be safe or highly dangerous and it's really egos that cause the most damage in competitions. Maybe they should be banned by the IBJJF : )

Array

School
    Rocha BJJ / Gracie Humaita
    Last week, at BJJ by the Bay, I asked Sergio Silva about this. I'm not saying he is the world's number 1 expert, but he throws many tournaments, and he said that under IBJJF rules, crotch rippers, electric chairs, etc were legal. I was asking about blue belt and up, so I'm not sure about white belts.

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    The problem with this is that refs often call these heel hooks (mainly electric chairs). This why I love all submissions legal; not because I love or need heel-hooks, but because I hate terrible DQ’s.