Array

School
    10th Planet MTS

A rubber guard armbar?

It doesn't show the set up unfortunately.
    https://www.facebook.com/MikeyTriang...0073016461747/

( Mikey "Triangles" Sanford:
    Jason "The Kid" Knight hits an incredible submission chain from rubber guard and finishes Musa Khamanaev, the M1 Global Champion and Sambo World champion. Check this out: — feeling excited at Alan Belcher MMA Club.")

Originally posted by vdesire here:
    http://www.10thplanetjj.com/threads/...light=facebook

No one commented on this submission, reposting for those who haven't seen it.
    Last edited by gene k; 11-03-2015 at 02:02 PM.

Array

School
    KJJ
    Sweet! Would've loved to have seen the setup.

Array

School
    10th Planet Gulf Shores
    I use that same hook sometimes. I go to meathook(with the overhook locked down), gotta really get the angle pointed down to create pressure. From there you hook your heel in their far shoulder and really extend. Then you bait their other arm til you can flip the heel/far side foot into their armpit. I usually use the set up for straight jackets because you can't lose the angle or they will pull out. You also can use this hook to flip them on their back. Lots of nasty stuff from their. Love arm bars and straightjackets(I believe it's special k on top) from there.

*side note, I'm pretty flexible and have worked really hard on leg curling in the rubberguard without needing my arm to help. So you may need that, not sure.

Also, as far as your free leg, try to keep it waiting..so on their hip or sometimes I'll hug my knee really tight to the ribcage since they can't really stack in if you have their face on the floor to the side of you.
    Last edited by Tori Applegate; 11-04-2015 at 09:58 AM.
    Be one with yourself and know you can do anything when you are friends with yourself.

10th Planet Gulf Shores Official Website

Array

School
    10th Planet MTS
    Quote Originally Posted by Tori Applegate View Post
    I use that same hook sometimes. I go to meathook(with the overhook locked down), gotta really get the angle pointed down to create pressure. From there you hook your heel in their far shoulder and really extend. Then you bait their other arm til you can flip the heel/far side foot into their armpit. I usually use the set up for straight jackets because you can't lose the angle or they will pull out. You also can use this hook to flip them on their back. Lots of nasty stuff from their. Love arm bars and straightjackets(I believe it's special k on top) from there.

*side note, I'm pretty flexible and have worked really hard on leg curling in the rubberguard without needing my arm to help. So you may need that, not sure.

Also, as far as your free leg, try to keep it waiting..so on their hip or sometimes I'll hug my knee really tight to the ribcage since they can't really stack in if you have their face on the floor to the side of you.
    Thanks Tori!

Array

School
    10th Planet Gulf Shores
    Ah! I was so sleepy when I wrote that. Actually it would be the chicken wing or the sweep from there. You have to clear the neck and kungfu before you get the straight jacket. But it can lead to that or other things.
    Be one with yourself and know you can do anything when you are friends with yourself.

10th Planet Gulf Shores Official Website

Array

School
    10th Planet MTS
    Quote Originally Posted by Tori Applegate View Post
    Ah! I was so sleepy when I wrote that. Actually it would be the chicken wing or the sweep from there. You have to clear the neck and kungfu before you get the straight jacket. But it can lead to that or other things.
    Gotcha.

I stumbled across a very similar technique in MTS 86, around 31:10 Jeremiah Vance does indeed set it up the position from Meat hook but with one leg trapped.

Array

School
    Combat Submission Wrestling & College Park MMA
    Nice; looks like an Omaplata variation.