Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig Murray View Post
    That exactly what I was saying in the other thread and getting smashed by half the forum members for it.
    You mostly got smashed for you lack of knowledge on leg locks and playing off like you had an understanding of them.
    Last edited by Chris Herzog; 12-21-2015 at 05:11 PM.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    I still stand by that fact that those crying over the ban for heel hooks don't understand shit about leg locks.

Array

School
    10P Gulf Shores, Atlanta, Atmore
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    I still stand by that fact that those crying over the ban for heel hooks don't understand shit about leg locks.
    lol, more truth.

Array

School
    10th Planet Gulf Shores
    Quote Originally Posted by .BB. View Post
    eddie bans heel hooks for minors = sophie and riley probably advancing through their their careers without a healthy understanding of heel hooks.........

thats a big jump/assumption.
    They clearly don't have it now, and now that heel hooks are banned from EBI, they won't be forced to garner more knowledge on leg locks until they face the dilemma of defending and applying heel hooks again, probably as young adults. Not saying that it's a certainty, but it's a strong probability. A lot of people don't fill their holes until they're made apparent.

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    You mostly got smashed for you lack of knowledge on leg locks and playing off like you had an understanding of them.
    That's true, he was wrong about the dangers of heel hooks. I thought it was two different guys.

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    I'm torn. Our school teaches reaping and heel hooks on day one, and we NEVER have injuries due to any of those techniques.

If anything, the girls coach should have known her experience level with Heel Hooks and should have never agreed to letting them be allowed if they had that option, which is what it sounds like to me.

I love Eddie but I don't know if I agree on him excluding Heel Hooks as a sub for minors. Seems like a bit of a knee-jerk reaction...

(...see what I did there? Eh?)

EDIT to say that I just say the video in which Eddie speaks on the subject, and I didn't realize that Heel Hooks were actually already banned originally, but then they were allowed at the request of the competitors which led to injury, so I can see why Eddie made teh choice to take them off the minors allowable sub list.

http://www.flograppling.com/video/81...nder-ebi-rules
    Last edited by Kurzy; 12-22-2015 at 05:17 AM.

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram

Array

School
    The Forge BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Gustaveson View Post
    That's true, he was wrong about the dangers of heel hooks. I thought it was two different guys.
    Actually I was talking about the perception of the dangers of heel hooks. I was pretty clear. Herzog just doesn't like me because I'm better looking than he is.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig Murray View Post
    Actually I was talking about the perception of the dangers of heel hooks. I was pretty clear. Herzog just doesn't like me because I'm better looking than he is.
    Actually, you spoke about leglocks...... and then you also spoke about the perception of leg locks. I suggest you go re-read the thread. But don't let actual facts bother you, just worry about the perceived ones.
    Last edited by Chris Herzog; 12-22-2015 at 08:03 AM.

Very smart move by Eddie. People can say all they want about how people fear leg locks too much and they would be correct. But Eddie wants to grow this thing and nothing would stop that faster than a kid getting crippled and carried off the mat when there are a lot of casual viewers. It's just not worth the risk. heel hooks are awesome an necessary to understand to be a complete grappler but there are hundreds of ways to submit someone without heel hooking them. Let the minors do those until they're of age. It's not going to make the youth matches any less exciting, and no matter what people say, heel hooks do create a danger that isn't there with most subs, just because it's the only sub that attacks the joint perpendicular to its range of motion, making it extremely hard to resist and relatively painless until the damage is done (yes I know you can feel the pressure) and it's just not worth it for minors. Also kids are more stubborn about not wanting to tap.

Eddie Bravo made the right choice here and I don't think he's at all conforming" to mainstream opinion on heel hooks or anything by doing this. It's smart business and shows he cares about his younger athletes.

Array

School
    The Forge BJJ
    Actually, you spoke about leglocks...... and then you also spoke about the perception of leg locks. I suggest you go re-read the thread. But don't let actual facts bother you, just worry about the perceived ones.
    Kisses! I can't wait to meet you in person Professor Chris.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast