Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Array

School
    Anu Academy

Coconut water vs. Sports Drinks

Recently I was recommended coconut water as an alternative to sports drinks like Gatorade or Powerade. I've tried it once and must say that if anything it tastes delicious, but I'm curious to know if anyone drinks this regularly and if they have noticed a difference in how they feel or in regards to staying hydrated.

Array

School
    Triple Threat Combat Sports / Yamasaki Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Academy Delaware
    I drink it after every work out...love it

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    I'm Mexican so I drink Hornito's orange soda after every training session. Is this coconut water a Brazilian thing?

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    I do as well. No AJ its a health thing
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

coconut water is the bomb it gives me a lil kick where gatorade doesnt now it come in flavours with juice and stuff sold

Array

School
    10TH Planet Morgantown
    I'm on the Coconut water as well Jim. In fact Don Q. is the one that got me started. I prefer anything natural vs. gatorade. 2 much sugar. Hell I eat all natural (Bare Naked) Granola now as well. I ate a Nature Valley (2per pack, the DRY kind) granola bar from Sheetz about a month ago between Morgantown and Lyncburg... Nearly gaged at the sugar content. Once you get over what THEY have been pumping into you (via availibility and ease on the shelf) it's tough go back. If we're hopin on a diet segment here I also switched to Cage Free organic eggs. WAY better!

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Neale Hoerle View Post
    I'm on the Coconut water as well Jim. In fact Don Q. is the one that got me started. I prefer anything natural vs. gatorade. 2 much sugar. Hell I eat all natural (Bare Naked) Granola now as well. I ate a Nature Valley (2per pack, the DRY kind) granola bar from Sheetz about a month ago between Morgantown and Lyncburg... Nearly gaged at the sugar content. Once you get over what THEY have been pumping into you (via availibility and ease on the shelf) it's tough go back. If we're hopin on a diet segment here I also switched to Cage Free organic eggs. WAY better!
    Amen brotha, about 2 years ago after years of badgering from my wife I switched to eating all organic/natural, and I'll never go back, I feel so much fucking better. If i'm on a road trip and eat "regular" food I feel like shit as well.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10TH Planet Morgantown
    No doubts about it. It can be tough/expensive esp on road trips or Fight Nights a Buffalo Wild Wings... Everyone on the Team was having a great time the other night whilst I was sick in the stomach and disgusted with myself because I broke down and ordered their nasty ass wings and ribs. UGH. I get cravings, but I always regret it. I eliminated bread sometime ago and went to wraps (Low carb) and generally eat ground turkey breast for hamburger patties. I love a good steak and Potatoes, natural veggies, chicken breasts and a shit ton of eggs which I already mentioned. As for processed foods like cheese and butter (Yes I use butter) I've discovered the LIGHT products are loaded with all kinds of un-natural shit. Dont believe me? Check light butter Vs. real buter next time your in the supermarket. Real butter has 2 ingrediants - Cream and salt. Light butter... Who the fuck can even pronounce the shit the put in there. The trick, IMHO is to stay away from all processed shit in general but butter is not the enemy, well not the worst one.

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    It kind of defeats the health aspect but it goes great with Soju on ice.

Array

School
    10TH Planet Morgantown
    Ya see, thats my point. I dont believe butter is bad for you! Clogged arteries right? I was told by a nutritionist/body builder I trust that given my activity level and current health that plaque build-up on my artery walls is the last thing I'll ever have to worry about (Given that I keep training the way I do)

The illustrator I was given was this: 'Imagine your arteries as fire hoses... given that you push yourself and your heart rate into the stratosphere on a regular basis the PSI in your arteries is so high and your blood is rushing by so quickly that plaque cannot take "grip" on the walls... It's simply blown away!' he went on to say... 'Now on the other hand if you were overweight and sedentary butter intake could result in excessive plaque in your blood which would cling to the walls of your arteries and eventually build up, block and kill you'

As a disclaimer I would like to note that this gentleman is NOT an MD and he may be completely wrong but it made sense to me. I didn't UP my intake or consider myself as having a license to binge but I not longer fear that pat of butter on my baked potatoe.

Can anyone from an actual medical standpoint back-up or elaborate on his point... Whether right or wrong, I'm all ears. Lets be healthy, but lets not be deceived

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast