Array

School
    Summit City Submissions

Overhook Twister Pass from Lockdown

Not a whole lot of guys try to Apollo Choke me, but I am theorizing here that I could stuff the Arm Triangle attempt with the overhook similar to the one shown in this overhook side control video. It is usually my first reaction to post my foot, switch to an "Overhook Twister Pass," and work a few different passing options when a guy has me in lockdown. On the same note, I think I have the best lockdown game in the Northeast Indiana area that I have seen and I don't think I have been truly tested in passing the lockdown for some time so I am interested in feedback. Thanks.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Not sure what you’re asking exactly. Make a video and explain in detail please
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    Summit City Submissions
    Alright. It may take a bit because I have not shot any video of myself related to Jiu Jitsu theory, but I will give it a shot.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ, Gracie Academy HQ
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Watkins View Post
    Not a whole lot of guys try to Apollo Choke me, but I am theorizing here that I could stuff the Arm Triangle attempt with the overhook similar to the one shown in this overhook side control video. It is usually my first reaction to post my foot, switch to an "Overhook Twister Pass," and work a few different passing options when a guy has me in lockdown. On the same note, I think I have the best lockdown game in the Northeast Indiana area that I have seen and I don't think I have been truly tested in passing the lockdown for some time so I am interested in feedback. Thanks.

I trained with Marcello down in Indianapolis while I lived there for a year. He has a mean kimura game and would often set up his kimuras from half guard. Wicked game from there. A point of note is that he uses the overhook to preserve the kimura, which will ultimately aid in the twister pass.

Array

School
    Summit City Submissions
    Quote Originally Posted by Arman Fathi View Post
    I trained with Marcello down in Indianapolis while I lived there for a year. He has a mean kimura game and would often set up his kimuras from half guard. Wicked game from there. A point of note is that he uses the overhook to preserve the kimura, which will ultimately aid in the twister pass.
    My team was a Marcello affiliate for a long time. I think his system is the best in Indiana and he is definitely a beast. The only trouble is that he is expensive and Jason Fox is not (Jason has some pretty beast Jiu Jitsu also). Plus Jason is more open to us playing legs and modern Jiu Jitsu so about 3 years ago we switched over to Team Jason Fox when my sensei and I were still both purple belts. But to this day, we still incorporate a lot of Marcello's stuff into our games. The kimura comes into play in one of the twister pass options I use. Another, I telephone or one hand kimura and use my free hand to employ a foot lock to submit the guy or aid passing the lockdown. And there are also a few options where I use the overhook to flare the guys underhook so I can re-pummel and underhook of my own. It is not competition tested stuff I am using because I have not come across any A game lockdown players in tournament, but back when my team was a Nogi only school I did have to stuff some lockdown game and I have some ideas I have not seen on the internet.

Array

School
    Ethos Jiu-Jitsu & Martial Arts of Tyler, Texas
    I understand your question, man. Honestly, I've never thought of it, because like you said, no one ever tries it on you. Well, same here. I think you'd have to slam that overhook early; before they get their gable grip fully locked in. I'm interested in seeing Eddie's response, should you make a video. And where is B-mac? That guy has a legit answer for everything. lol :P

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ, Gracie Academy HQ
    Marcello's an OG black belt under de La Riva. For what it's worth, he's taught deep half, de la riva, and butterfly guard details that I have not seen ANYONE from any lineage teach. Those three positions in particular are worth investing time in learning from his system. He was De La Riva's protege til he left to the United States to do his own thing. He's definitely the best individual guy in Indianapolis and there was no close second while I was scouting out schools there. He gave me a deal too on tuition since I came there with three years of saturated experience, so I can't really complain about price They treated me like family and still do when I drop in. Only downside is the place doesn't have showers. They have a great Mexican restaurant next door tho. Seriously the best fajitas I've had, along with liter mugs of Dos Equis. So clutch after training :P