Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Array

School
    10th Planet San Mateo
    yes sir, I was paralyzed head to toes for 6 months, took me 1.5 years to walk again, I managed to walk by learning to compensate with my hip, I now hold both feet at 90 degrees but cannot do full dorsy flexion (like pointing toes and feet up) I don't walk with braces anymore, a cold pool did wonders for me. Drop feet basically means that your Achilles tendon shortens, you need to fight this, therapy is key! nerve damage could take years to fix, learn to modify whatever you do and just look forward!

Good luck man!

Quote Originally Posted by Otis View Post
    Both feet!? Man that’s wild. Can you walk with two braces on? My nerve wasn’t severed just stretched so I think I got lucky. And I am fortunate enough to be able to see professionals to help with recovery. I’m taking it day by day and staying positive. I do have braces to walk so I’m getting around pretty good. Thanks for the reply brotha..your the first person I’ve talked to with foot drop

Array

School
    Snow Jiu Jitsu
    Wow man that’s really crazy. I’m glad to hear your out of the braces. Sounds like you really got dealt a heavy blow. My knee is feeling really strong and I’m thinking about trying to maybe tape the foot up or something to get back to light drilling. My doctor actually told me not to expect getting 100% pull back on the foot but that I could get out of the brace with 50 to 60%. How does this all effect your Jiu Jitsu? Hopefully someday we can get on the mats together!

Array

School
    10th Planet San Mateo
    Man, my reason for bjj is for weight management, wellness and learn how to defend myself on the ground, as you might guessed, I cannot run, I am that guy you want to have when mugged or chased by a lion or a gorilla.... you know the joke, "you don't have to be the fastest just not the slowest" well, I am always the slowest... on how it affects my JJ? well a lot, but I am learning to compensate and modify... I watched that guy with no arms or legs doing BJJ and I had no more excuses... Just look forward and modify/compensate... don't rely on a brace too long, them fuckers are addicting... I burned them with my last 3,600 milligrams dose of Neurontin years ago....
    Good luck man!
    mr sandsman

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12