Array

School
    Carlson Gracie Miami/10P Miami/Ft. Laud Hotbox remnant

Working to Bring the Beauty of our System to My School

I've established great rapport with the manager at my gym and we got to talking about bringing in people for seminars, specifically a 10th Planet JJ seminar. He's all for it, but it looks like for it to be a win/win/win situation, we'd need at least 30 people to pre-register. Right now, I am the face of 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu at my school and believe me when I say I'm trying to learn and progress as best as I can. I really love and believe in 10PJJ and now it changes not only our ground game, but our understanding of the martial arts, ourselves, and others. The only problem is, I'm this brand new white belt, who doesn't take the GI class, and I am constantly getting smashed by wrestlers and higher skilled players. Everyone here knows I live and breathe 10PJJ so until I get good enough to start subbing people and doing the nice transitions into spiderweb, truck etc, I'm just the "dork" doing something different and getting smashed while doing it. Hopefully with my 5 day a week, sometimes two a day training regimen just for 10PJJ technique, I can show people that it really works, and that will translate to the 1st 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu seminars for my academy. And who knows, maybe my academy can become the 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Miami affiliate school, *huge dream of mine actually, but I don't want to get ahead of my brand new white belt self.* This is why I'm training so fiercely for the GQ comming up on August 20th. I know it's not a lot of time, and I have a hell of a road from now if I'm going to get the gold in my division/s, but it is motivating me so much to compete and compete well. I'm doing this not only for myself, but for my school, and my 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu family. I'm not saying I'll even place at Grappler's Quest, but I'm going to train my ass off and know that no matter what, I left it all on the mat, win or lose.

Array

School
    10th Pranet HQ Hollywood
    get
    scott epstein email eddie for it
    im sure scotts willnig to do it to
    he does alot of seminar and just got back from australia

http://www.scottepstein.net/

you can find his twitter,facebook myspace and email there
    plus vids

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Keep at it Kiko, just be consistant in your training, it will come together. August should be plently of time for you to get ready for your first compeitition, especially for novice or beginner division. Keep reppin brotha!
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Lots of time. Stay vigilant. Keep repping and embrace the journey.

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Fort Lauderdale HB
    Dont worry Kiko we have plenty of time. I promise you after a month of training with us you will be smashing the dudes at your gym.
    By the time GQ is here we all will roll up in that bitch and bring shit home!

Array

School
    You're all amazing. I love our 10PJJ family. Ty for the support guys. I'd take this journey to progress in the system alone if I had to, but with you guys, I don't feel alone at all.

Array

School
    Hard Knox Combat Club
    Kiko I was in the same place you were about two months ago. I used to take BJJ a few years ago but quit because of a complicated work schedule. I came back and started training hardcore a few months ago and started getting in to PJJ. When i would first attempt to pull of 10P techniques, I didn't have the reps in that would allow me to complete the move successfully. By obsessively studying the books, dvds, and mts it has all started to come together. The guys used to always joke with me about the unique names and everything. When I started submitting them with these moves, the comments stopped. Now they're asking me to teach them techniques and many of them have started to fall in love with the system.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Hansard View Post
    Kiko I was in the same place you were about two months ago. I used to take BJJ a few years ago but quit because of a complicated work schedule. I came back and started training hardcore a few months ago and started getting in to PJJ. When i would first attempt to pull of 10P techniques, I didn't have the reps in that would allow me to complete the move successfully. By obsessively studying the books, dvds, and mts it has all started to come together. The guys used to always joke with me about the unique names and everything. When I started submitting them with these moves, the comments stopped. Now they're asking me to teach them techniques and many of them have started to fall in love with the system.
    Effectiveness is one of the most beautiful things in the world. There are already about 6 guys, all white shirts/belts though, who like/love the system and call me up to train with me for strictly 10PJJ techs. And teaching a tech I just learned, using the books' step by step pictures and descriptions as our guide, is helping my own personal training as well since it helps to solidify my knowledge. I'm using every trick in the self-education 101 handbook to absorb our system to functionality.

I'm so happy you've progressed to the point where you've touched others and have gotten them to "see" the truth, that jiu jitsu is evolving, and evolving past the gi, into an entirely new sport in my opinion. No offense to the gi lovers by the way =D.