Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Array

School
    10th planet headquarters
    i signed up for a few months and downloaded almost all the instructionals for myself. good stuff. his sparring sessions alone make it worth it.

Array

School
    vortex jiujitsu
    watch out for technique overload which is very real, give yourself a chance to really digest what you've learned so far. i've made the mistake of opening the door slightly too much for a white belt at his own request, & i watched his eyes glaze over & knew instantly he was gone, don't overwhelm yourself

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    Technique overload is definitely a concern. Sometimes a position will still be a "work in progress" causing me to get brain locked when I hit the position because I can't decide which way to go. Personally though, I love reading tons of instructional books just so I have a mental Rolodex of techniques to solve potential problems that I may encounter with different grapplers. I refer to it as a "seeding process" where I am aware of techniques but I don't actually know them. Once I get stuck or need a solution to a problem then I can think, "Oh, that was an x-guard sweep. Saulo had a section on passing that technique in his book, I should probably review it."

In that respect, having a wealth of instructionals at your fingertips is immensely helpful even if you don't have enough time to learn it all.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12