Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield

Tonight I recieved my brown belt. Here's some motivation for you white belts

Just thought I'd share a little bit of my story with you guys to motivate you...

When I first started this journey in Jiu Jitsu almost 3 years ago, I would have never imagined making it this far. When I started I was uncoordinated and pretty weak physically. I was 6'1" and 150 lbs (Today I'm 170 lbs). On my very first day of training as a white belt I learned rubber guard. My coach was Brent Alvarez (he was then a purple belt, now he is a black belt under Eddie). I was able to play some rubber guard but still needed some work in the flexibility department. I enjoyed Jiu Jitsu right from the start. I competed in my first tournament after training Jiu Jitsu and MMA for 6 months. I lost by points in the first round. I competed in an open weight match and lost that match by points too. I was devastated and yet strangely motivated. I wanted to compete and again and win. I stopped training MMA and focused fully on Jiu Jitsu. I started training more and more with my coach Brent Alvarez, he always motivated me and helped me as much as he could. Even after losing my first tournament he told me that he believed I could one day become a world champion, that's how nice of a guy and how awesome of a coach he is. Long story short... I won my next tournament and quite a few after that too. My advice to all white belts and to anyone competing is
    1 Work hard, work as hard as you possibly can
    2 Study often, Youtube, 10thplanetjj.com, MGinaction
    3 Compete as often as you can
    4 Surround yourself around positive people, people who help you to become better in Jiu Jitsu
    5 Enjoy the ride

Remember that a black belt is only a white belt who never stopped training

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Congrats again Harley!
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Great post bro. Congrats!

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Man your awesome Harley. I remember seeing you and competing against you when I was a white belt. Much deserved brown belt your a beast see ya soon
    LIKE 10th Planet Grants Pass on Facebook!!
    FOLLOW @10P_GP
    10thplanetgrantspass.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Portland
    Thank you, Harley. Us white belts appreciate it. It's always a pleasure to train and roll with you, and once again, congratulations!

Array

School
    Aspiring 10th Planet Fans/Alpha Tae Kwon Do
    Thx Harley, and congrats!!!

Mikael Chay

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Hughes View Post
    Thank you, Harley. Us white belts appreciate it.
    +1. Congrats!