Array

School
    PARA BELLUM BRAZILIAN JIU JITSU ACADEMY; ZURICH, SWITZERLAND

Old Minotauro grappling sparring footage - where he goes for the truck

Hey Guys look what I found, in this video Minotauro goes for the truck to calf slice around 05:12 into the video.
    http://youtu.be/2tQz4aN8NvY

Cool stuff!

Let me know what you are thinking about..

Cheers
    Stefan

Array

School
    Combat Society
    I'm not sure which response to go for this time.

A) They've been doing that for decades in Brazil
    or
    B) It's an old judo move.

One of those is usually the standard response to any 10P technique =)

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago/KJJ
    If only he followed up with the twister! It was RIGHT THERE!!! Either way this is badass!
    He is one of my all time favorite heavyweights

Array

School
    Summit City Submissions
    Quote Originally Posted by Pan View Post
    I'm not sure which response to go for this time.

A) They've been doing that for decades in Brazil
    or
    B) It's an old judo move.

One of those is usually the standard response to any 10P technique =)
    The truck is actually a very old wrestling move. I was doing it in high school before I knew what Jiu Jitsu was but I was just going for banana splits. The calf slicer is also a very old submission hold which is what Minotauro was going for in this video. He just happened to end up in the truck position while doing it. 10th Planet wasn't the first to do a lot of the moves that they teach and Eddie usually mentions when it isn't something he or his students came up with as well. I will say naming the truck as a position and systemizing it as a dead zone with a plethora of finishes is probably all 10th Planet. But at the same time a lot of the moves you see today, not just 10th Planet were around for a while.

Array

School
    Combat Society
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Watkins View Post
    The truck is actually a very old wrestling move. I was doing it in high school before I knew what Jiu Jitsu was but I was just going for banana splits. The calf slicer is also a very old submission hold which is what Minotauro was going for in this video. He just happened to end up in the truck position while doing it. 10th Planet wasn't the first to do a lot of the moves that they teach and Eddie usually mentions when it isn't something he or his students came up with as well. I will say naming the truck as a position and systemizing it as a dead zone with a plethora of finishes is probably all 10th Planet. But at the same time a lot of the moves you see today, not just 10th Planet were around for a while.
    True dat.