Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Welcome back Erik!
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    thanks tez

Array

School
    Watkins TKD and BJJ Arlington TX
    Thanks Zog! I've missed it. Going to get in contact with a 10th planet coach in Sherman tx. It's an hour and a half away so I might try to go about twice a month and roll locally with what he teaches. I hope we can work out some sort of deal.

I've seen your post and some of the solutions offered such as abandoning the lockdown and working other positions, which is not wrong advice. However, I believe that once your opponent brings his own heel to his ass, their are other steps you can take; every time he does that doesn't mean it's time to automatically abandon half guard, I believe that would be frustrating.

Theirs so many names in the 10th planet system and I wish I could just link you to the technique but i'm not able to find what i'm looking for, apologies.

Moving on...

#1. Calf crank submission- when your opponent brings his heel to his own ass, if you have double under hooks you can reach for his toes with both of your hands, grab it, finish with calf crank from bottom.

#2. Forget the name of it, Eddie shows where it tweaks the guys knee. Eddie has done this in his ADCC matches. It's like a kamikaze calf crank from the bottom. In the video Eddie commented on it mentioning that it is not really a submission, it only applies pain (such as the electric chair sweep/submission) in the video the guy was in pain and gave Eddie the pass. It is in one of the ADCC matches in the rubber guard DVD's.

I realize that this is sort of a shitty post, however, if someone more familiar with the system understands what I'm talking about, maybe they can link you to a MTS video or a submissions 101 youtube video, which would be a lot more help than me vaguely typing about it, not knowing names, etc. Hopefully someone knows what I'm talking about.

Array

School
    Lincoln Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Center
    Quote Originally Posted by Jared Gammel View Post
    That was an interesting video, thanks for posting that. Fun little truck entrance.

That position, from my experience, turns into a game where the guy on top knows that's your only option, switching to the butterfly hook, and is waiting for it. Then as soon as he see's you go for the butterfly hook, he'll push the knee and step over to mount. What is the best way you guys have found to counter the mount step over when undoing your half guard in twister-pass?
    bumping myself because i'm still curious

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by ErikLavigne View Post
    Thanks Zog! I've missed it. Going to get in contact with a 10th planet coach in Sherman tx. It's an hour and a half away so I might try to go about twice a month and roll locally with what he teaches. I hope we can work out some sort of deal.
    Mike West has the best facility out there! If your willing to learn hes willing to teach you. They have some assassins out there! Even his kids students Are monsters on the mat!! If i lived as close as you Id be there often!
    10th Planet, It's How I Roll

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12