Array

School
    Anywhere.

Amateur MMA, or Golden Gloves Boxing. need some help.

This has been bothering me all day. And I've talked to some of my friends about it, and they are all douchebags and don't give me any feedback. So I have an amateur MMA fight coming up in late January. But, only a couple days later there is a Golden Gloves Boxing event that is a three week long tournament.

Now, I love Jiu Jitsu, and I love Kickboxing/Boxing/Muay Thai everything basically. But I'm not really that into MMA competition. I like Kickboxing and Boxing wayyy more. Now as far as my credentials, I am a kickboxer. Been doing basically self training and working with some expirienced dudes outside of schools and what not in Jiu Jitsu. So I'm not anything amazing Jiu Jitsu. But I've been working stand up shit for years and years. This MMA fight really isn't a big deal at all, it's about as loci as it can get. But Golden gloves is kind of a big deal.

So what my real question is, should I back out of my MMA fight to compete in Golden Gloves. I mean, I really don't like backing down or quitting anything at all, it really bothers me. But I extremely want to compete in Golden Gloves...do you guys think I should back out and just do the tournament, or just stick to the MMA fight?

Array

School
    Roger Gracie Academy
    What does your gut instinct tell you to do?

When it comes to stuff like this in my opinion you need to have real passion and enthusiasm for what your doing and be focused on the task at hand. To me you don't sound very passionate about competing in this MMA fight but seem quite keen on the Boxing. From what you have written it seems you'll be happier competing in this Golden gloves tournement then this low key MMA fight.

I would say to follow your heart on this one.

Array

School
    Anywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by James III View Post
    What does your gut instinct tell you to do?

When it comes to stuff like this in my opinion you need to have real passion and enthusiasm for what your doing and be focused on the task at hand. To me you don't sound very passionate about competing in this MMA fight but seem quite keen on the Boxing. From what you have written it seems you'll be happier competing in this Golden gloves tournement then this low key MMA fight.

I would say to follow your heart on this one.
    Right, I know that is what I should do. Sometimes I just need to look to other people first.
    I'm doing the Boxing.

Array

School
    Infinitemma Jiu Jitsu
    Do both just for the challenge in my opinion use the mma as a training thing I know their completely different but it'll still keep you in shape. But in the end you should do what your heart tells you