Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Array

School
    Roger Gracie Academy
    lol seen that video before. It's quite telling how he dosen't allow comments dosen't it?

The peach example was funny but retarded I mean in a fight on the ground the human body is not going to be put under a fraction of that pressure and violently moved from side to side like that! Also wearing clothes is going to help too I think. Also the take down defense was abit of a joke as well. Someone bigger going at full force will present more of a challenge then the kid who shot him and thats not even taking into consideration a half decent BJJ guy or wrestler.

I wish I knew how to find it but I saw this street fight back in 2007 on someones PC and this kid put an armbar on someone and he did try to bite him but the kid just cranked it up and fucked his arm up good. Needless to say he stopped biting after that! So the video is complete fail

Array

School
    UFC Gym -- Thomas Kenney
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Keeling View Post
    LMMFAO!!! that's Rhasson, or Renalto, or what ever they're calling him today
    No Way! Let me find that vid again!!!

Array

School
    NA
    I can watch these over and over, and it's funny everyime. YOOUU GOT TA POO POO!!! WAIT A MOMENT....I THINK I DOO DOO!!!

Array

School
    10th Planet Riverside
    best martial arts for the street is trigga taichi (in other words gun play)

Array

School
    Hoosier Fight Club
    There are too many of these douche nozzles teaching BULLSHIT!!!! WTF? My god, this smuck wouldn't last 5 secs in a street fight... Beyond that you can clearly see, he has no clue as to how to teach what he doesn't know (thinks he knows)... I am getting to where I hate these guys as much as bullies! And everyone that knows me, knows how I deal with bullies... I wonder if I did some Mcdojo storming covertly??? You know sign up for the free class, then show their students their "sensei" is a fraud. I bet most attempts would be met with "get outta my dojo!" But I hate to see anyone prey on the weak, or even the ignorant! Problem is, I am not good at ignoring things like this... It will be eating at me till I take a drive

Array

School
    UFC Gym -- Thomas Kenney
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Keeling View Post
    There are too many of these douche nozzles teaching BULLSHIT!!!! WTF? My god, this smuck wouldn't last 5 secs in a street fight... Beyond that you can clearly see, he has no clue as to how to teach what he doesn't know (thinks he knows)... I am getting to where I hate these guys as much as bullies! And everyone that knows me, knows how I deal with bullies... I wonder if I did some Mcdojo storming covertly??? You know sign up for the free class, then show their students their "sensei" is a fraud. I bet most attempts would be met with "get outta my dojo!" But I hate to see anyone prey on the weak, or even the ignorant! Problem is, I am not good at ignoring things like this... It will be eating at me till I take a drive
    naw...the sensei makes sure to never actually spar with their students and to challenge them would be disrespectful.

Kung fu is stand up, BJJ is ground. No use arguing which opposing style is better. I have a kung fu base which helped me substantially, when i started learning BJJ, against experienced practitioners. The fact that i know what the basic game of a bjj student is means I can avoid their takedowns and submissions and finish the fight with kung fu techniques alone. It comes down to luck, experience, explosiveness, and intelligence; no matter the style.

Array

School
    UFC Gym -- Thomas Kenney
    I think the Eastern TMAs have taken quite the beating by mma'ers and BJJ guys over the past 10 years...but ultimately, if you train live and spar you find what's effective and works for you. I know many people say TKD is worthless and then you see how effective a TKD kick actually can be. The problem is that many MA schools in the states just freakin suck where all you are doing is learning stances and drills and never spar. I like watching the vid on youtube where they show the difference between american BBs against Japanese black belts and the americans just get utterly smashed. No alive training, no training with resisting opponents.

Array

School
    Hoosier Fight Club
    Quote Originally Posted by James Davis View Post
    naw...the sensei makes sure to never actually spar with their students and to challenge them would be disrespectful.
    No sir, the disrespect is being dished out by that fraud... On a side note, I am not bashing the TMA he is trying to teach. Just his abilities as a teacher. If you teach someone how to fight, then you damn well better have some experience fighting... Otherwise you're a virgin teaching sex ed. This is how you make a woman have multiple orgasms, no wait, you hold her ankles like this, no you had it right, no grab it another way etc... All theory, no fact! Funny and sad at the same time.

Array

School
    Hoosier Fight Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Rutale View Post
    Kung fu is stand up, BJJ is ground. No use arguing which opposing style is better. I have a kung fu base which helped me substantially, when i started learning BJJ, against experienced practitioners. The fact that i know what the basic game of a bjj student is means I can avoid their takedowns and submissions and finish the fight with kung fu techniques alone. It comes down to luck, experience, explosiveness, and intelligence; no matter the style.
    Most of the time it comes down to experience, with a few exceptions for block head, tough sob's. If you don't have the experience don't claim to! If you're just wanting to learn self defense, all is good. how often will you actually have to "defend" yourself? I would bet not many. But if you want to claim to be able to teach people how to fight, then (IMHO) you need more than theory. Looks great on the screen, not so much on the street

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456