Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 30 Today

Array

School
    10thplanetjj.com

30 Today

Today, April 18, 2012, I turned 30 years old damn. You can't beat the clock.

I've decided to take this as a positive and look at it as a new beginning on my life. To accomplish goals that I have not met so far, for example training Jiu-Jitsu. You see I was in the US Army where I learned Modern US Army Combatives from LEVEL 4 Instructors (highest level) but then I hurt my back and along with time management, laziness, & LIFE I have not continued to train Jiu-Jitsu the way I've wanted to. That's going to change.

Not to long ago I was listening to http://thefightworkspodcast.com/ where in one of the interviews they where talking about setting and accomplishing goals. In the interview I remember the idea of MATS for setting and accomplishing goals, which is to say when you make a goal for yourself you should follow these four steps.

Measurable
    Attainable
    Time Table
    Spoken Out

Make your goal Measurable, make sure you can judge wheather or not you're accomplishing your goal; Attainable, make sure your goal is realistically achievable; Time Table, set a realistic time to complete your goal; & Spoken Out, tell someone you respect your goals to put good pressure on yourself to help you accomplish your goal.

I guess this is what this thread is really about, Me turning a new leaf, setting a realistic goal to accomplish, and sharing that goal with the rest of my Nibiru Family. It's a simple goal but one I have not met so far even though I am trained in Modern US Army Combatives.

My Goal: Earn my BLUE BELT by the end of this year, 2012.

Array

School
    Lake Effect jiu jitsu
    Great post! Go get it and keep us updated on progress. And thanks for serving our country.

Array

School
    10thplanetjj.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg W View Post
    Great post! Go get it and keep us updated on progress. And thanks for serving our country.
    Thanks

Array

School
    10th Planet Hollywood
    I feel you. I am turning 30 next month. Way to stay positive.

Array

School
    Rip Tide Combat and Fitness
    Its the 18th already. I turn 31 in 2 days. Its crazy, you get out of shape and you feel 60, you eat good and get in good shape and you feel 15. I like the MATS thing. I just need to start adding timetables to stuff. Ill get started on timetabling sooner or later. Not sure when

Array

School
    10thplanetjj.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Van View Post
    I feel you. I am turning 30 next month. Way to stay positive.
    Thanks, and here's an early Happy Birthday to you.

Array

School
    10thplanetjj.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Marshall View Post
    Its the 18th already. I turn 31 in 2 days. Its crazy, you get out of shape and you feel 60, you eat good and get in good shape and you feel 15. I like the MATS thing. I just need to start adding timetables to stuff. Ill get started on timetabling sooner or later. Not sure when
    My DAD's birthday is actually on April 20th, 420.

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Right there with ya in turn 30 in June. Keep repping and you hit that goal.

Array

School
    10th Planet Costa Mesa
    That's really inspiring for me. I'm turning 26 this Friday 4-20. And I'm upset with my lack of discipline. I've let everything get in the way of what I've wanted to do for a long time. Little by little I'm going to change for the better. I won't do any improv this summer, I'll stay off the stage and work on looking good and feeling good. Thanks.

Don't think I can remember my 30th birthday. Didnt start jj till I was in my 40s. Plan to fight adcc the year I turn 50. Your just getting warmed up.
    Keep your stick on the ice TO THE 10TH POWER!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast