Is Rushfit useful for BJJ?

Anyone tried it before? I read this review http://jitsmagazine.com/articles/ent...t-good-for-bjj

And now I'm wondering if I should get it. I should be in better shape. And it's a hell lot cheaper than crossfit. lol

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    I know p90x is excellent! TRX is also great!

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago North
    I have p90x and love it. It isnt anything new but has put together and excelent and very intense set of workouts. Even if you half-ass the workouts you still get results. I have had it for 2 years and still havent done the full 90 days. I always get injured and have to stop for a couple months. But I have done two full months and I feel like a million bucks. I recently started again and Im starting my second month now and feel great.

I also have Rushfit. My little brother does it at my house and loves it. I have only done the Fight Conditioning workout and its freaking awesome. Like p90x nothing new but very good workouts in a good routine. Like I said I have only done one of the workouts and its great but, based on what my little brother says the only thing that seems to be missing is back excersises. He says there are hardly any and nowhere near what p90x does.

I would say you cant go wrong with either for bjj, they both give you excelent full body workouts. In the past I wasnt doing bjj at the same time but now I am and I am definately getting faster results and I only roll once a week.

Lots of people dont like workout DVDs but what i like about these two is all you have to do is press play and just try a little and you will be sweating your ass off in no time.

Array

School
    Going Rogue Again
    i managed P90x for about a month before i moved houses and just lost the motivation, although i was feeling pretty good and getting stronger i definitely prefer designing a good circuit for myself that i know will be difficult and leave me on my back for a few minutes aftewards.

Array

School
    10th Planet St. Paul
    Rushfit is GARBAGE!!! P90X is 10x better.

Array

School
    Best Way Jiu Jitsu
    I haven't done P90X before, but I have done Insanity and I have to say it definitely helped my BJJ. The stretching they do after the warm-up and after the full workout mixed with the "Cardio Recovery" day and constant influx of cardio from the main workouts themselves worked wonders. I felt in much better shape on the mat, definitely less winded, and I felt like my flexibility got much better.

I just wish I'd stuck with it. I never got to the second month and ended up losing the actual workout. But I highly recommended it for guys trying to increase their cardio.

Array

School
    10th planet Birmingham UK
    rush fit is aimed at the same market that buys the jane fonda workout and in no way represents walt gsp really trains like, having said that there are some good work outs and ideas on there and would help your fitness. I'd only get it if it's cheap or seach the interweb for it

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    From the San Francisco Bay Area California.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Powers View Post
    I haven't done P90X before, but I have done Insanity and I have to say it definitely helped my BJJ. The stretching they do after the warm-up and after the full workout mixed with the "Cardio Recovery" day and constant influx of cardio from the main workouts themselves worked wonders. I felt in much better shape on the mat, definitely less winded, and I felt like my flexibility got much better.

I just wish I'd stuck with it. I never got to the second month and ended up losing the actual workout. But I highly recommended it for guys trying to increase their cardio.
    This. Insanity is amazing.

Array

School
    10th planet Melbourne/ GVJJ
    Thanks guys this is something I've been thinking about looking into and now I'm sold.
    Insanity sounds like the way to go seems to have more supporters, I love it when others do my research for me.

Array

School
    Best Way Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason 'Gealbhan' Farren View Post
    Thanks guys this is something I've been thinking about looking into and now I'm sold.
    Insanity sounds like the way to go seems to have more supporters, I love it when others do my research for me.
    I haven't done anything from P90X, but I hear great things about that too. I think they have a specific yoga art of the workout they do which can only help you out, I just prefer Insanity since you don't need equipment. Insanity is also only two months total, where as P90X is three.

Changes are you'll increase strength better with P90X, but your cardio is definitely going to get better doing Insanity.