View Poll Results: What it clearly written and understandable?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

1 33.33%
  • Yes

2 66.67%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Array

School
    Denver

Alright

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Gates View Post
    having a wrestling backround u should pick up the body movements and such pretty quickly. you'd have good takedowns or atleast better takedowns then some one starting from scratch, the dominancy of wrestling and when shown a move u shouldnt be all over the place not knowing whats going on. i would concentrate on the basics and understanding the technique
    I wanted to personally thank you out of respect I have for you helping me out, thank you. I can't wait to get my ass kicked so i can get better

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Redlands
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronP View Post
    Slick Rick I want to thank you so much. Giving me some place to start or at least in the right direction helps me tremendously!
    Anything we can do to help Aaron. It's what we do brotha.

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Rick View Post
    As a wrestler you're fairly comfortable getting off your back. For jiu jitsu, you'll want to start every match on your back until you are comfortable being there. Learn the rubber guard flow and also learn butterfly guard. Your drags from butterfly are awefully similar to those while standing.
    Hope this gets you started!
    Rick
    Good Advice. Being a wrestler you will have an unfair advantage in some areas and a huge disadvantage in others. As a wrestler you will lead with your head and get stuck in chokes, also you will give your back because your comfortable there. Being on your back will take time to get comfortable with since in wrestling it is death to be on your back. Just embrace the new journey and apply that wrestling work ethic to jiu jitsu. Welcome

Array

School
    Denver
    Wow that is very comprehensive view and now I feel allot more prepared and excited! man can't wait! FYI I do yoga but also stared to use specific jui jitsu stretches and solo jui jitsu "workouts" using my heavy bag. I know theres only so much I can do without anyone but what do you think? does this help much or am I wasting my time?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12