Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    Kalgoorlie :(

opponent busting out of rubber guard

Is it just a simple case of repping the fuck out of Breaking him down, mission control etc etc to get the strong ass leg curls?

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield, MO
    Yeah it's all about reps, I used to have the same problem but i get people in my guard so often I have done so many reps on breaking people dwn that i can even break down blue and even purples down and keep them down.

Array

School
    10th Planet
    how is he busting out?

it is absolutely critical to break him down. a fav trick is go for a hip bump and maybe faint kimura. you sometimes can go back to the mat with a free new york. hug the knee squeeze your opp with your legs and dont point your toes like a ballerina. go find your moms thighmaster or rep squeezing your rolling partner for 30 seconds 4 or 5 times before you roll. hug your knee after zombie thats a mistake i see often.

Array

School
    10th Planet Fort Lauderdale Hotbox!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Correia View Post
    you sometimes can go back to the mat with a free new york. hug the knee squeeze your opp with your legs
    Grabbing a free new york when it's available is a great way to avoid the problem of stronger guys breaking out of the RG. Since I don't have the necessary reps to strengthen my leg curls, etc, I always dive for a free NY.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Glach View Post
    Grabbing a free new york when it's available is a great way to avoid the problem of stronger guys breaking out of the RG.
    this
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

A guy that is a higher belt than you will pass your guard anywayz until you get time on the mat in.

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    Mission control should be dynamically controlling position. Sometimes you use crackhead control, retard control, and using the free leg to contain their posture or kick their hips back. More than just repeating a move, you should drill simply controlling mission control against an active opponent, resetting whenever they get out.

Array

School
    Anywhere.
    Try the double bagger, that seems to keep people well tucked in my RG. I haven't had many people busting out of mine, but just repping it and reviewing the proper technique will help you out.

Array

School
    RONIN
    All good respones! Curious if you're using knee sleeves and ankel grips, or even gi pants? All help me play RG with more friction and plp have much harder time backing out ect. Also, mission pump is a good option if plp are trying to bust out. I catch many plp with that until they learn

Array

School
    Rōnin
    dose this video help you?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast