Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Does the Berimbolo guard fit in 10th planet system?

Does anyone use it? I can see Denny using it. Looks like a good way to the 50/50 guard.

Array

School
    Charles Gracie Reno
    I use the berimbolo, but only when I have the gi on. In order to make it work you really need the belt to grab onto to make your opponent sit back. I haven't figured out how to make it work no-gi yet.

It's hard to hit no gi but can be hit, you have to get the perfect reaction while it's happening though

Here is the best vid on it I have found on YouTube

Array

School
    10P Gulf Shores, Atlanta, Atmore
    i use it no gi...thats the de la riva guard. its great for any guard player. it works really well if you're a boot scooter n the other guy tries to scoot towards you as well.

Array

School
    Lotus Club JJ
    Thx for this but it might not fit in the system but who am I to say it might be perfect under someone elses control it looks like a reverse spiral guard maybe you can use both as a combo to set this up

If youre playing spiral gaurd you should be working it with the de la riva IMO, makes both guards more effective in combination

Array

School
    Rocha BJJ / Gracie Humaita
    I use it a LOT in no-gi, you just have to be more precise. It's actually how I got my first no-gi tourney win, and the whole fight lasted about 20 seconds. I have two tips for you when doing it no-gi.

First: when you berimbolo roll to take the back, obviously there is no belt to grab once you stick in your butterflies. So control the ankles by using counter pressure: pull with your hands, push with the butterflies. This is also how you bring him to the ground to take his back.

Second: Try De La Riva X-Guard. Basically, extend your DLR hook all the way through the legs, weaving it behind the DLR leg and then in front of the far leg. Then stick the other leg in as a butterfly hook, just as you would for x-guard. You end up in a really tight DLR x-guard that is coming at the opponent from the side. Sweeps from here are easy and all over the place. You can use wrist control and the DLR to dump them forward, berimbolo to the back, or even elevate and helicopter sweep or back flip sweep to end up on top. Plus you can transition into a million other guard from there, or use sitting guard sweeps, or hit a single.

Array

School
    joe hurst jiu jitsu undercover 10thp charlotte
    I use it for gi mostly..if your doing it no gi you need wrist control on same side as ur doing the de la riva on.. so one hand on foot and one hand on wrist same side ...when you go around to spin to thier backside you have to use the other foot as a butterfly hook on the back of thier knee ...

Array

School
    10th Planet Birmingham UK
    I like to roll no gi, no glasses.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    I hope it's effective no-gi, it looks awesome. Keep working it guys and post any videos of this working in competition :-)
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast