Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet San Francisco

Barnett vs. Cormier: great night of fights (SPOILERS to follow)

************************************************** ***********************************SPOILER ALERT********************************************* *****************************

Man, I usually only catch a glimpse here and there of non-UFC events, and I have to say, based on tonight, I have been missing out.

Cormier looked fantastic in his stiffest test to date, and I gotta hand it to Barnett for making him work for it. Even though he lost every round, there was not a moment in that fight where I counted him out. I was really hoping he'd pull off the leg-lock, but with a busted right hand that was probably a tall order.

Gilbert Melendez was right: even though he won, he lost. Still an enjoyable fight to watch, and it makes me happy to see that despite the recent press saying that Melendez was wasted in Strikeforce, there are still credible challengers to be found outside the UFC. I would love to see Eddie Alvarez take him on if BJ Penn is unavailable.

Array

School
    GBBJJ
    I watched .. I was pretty good set of fights

Array

School
    Gracie University
    Barnett should of used da hubber guard.

Cormier is scary good. He looked like a quicker, more powerful Cain Velasquez. Those head kicks would have floored lesser men.

Both guys broke one of their hands in the first round. Neither guy was prepared to quit, and showed more heart than some Heavyweights do.

As long as there's not an issue with Cormier not fighting Velasquez because they're AKA brothers, Cormier could well be the one to dethrone JDS.

Array

School
    na
    CORMIER SMASH!

did anyone else notice barnett seemed to be selling some of the punches he was taking?

Array

School
    10th Planet San Francisco
    Quote Originally Posted by bennett View Post
    CORMIER SMASH!

did anyone else notice barnett seemed to be selling some of the punches he was taking?
    Frank Shamrock made a comment about this. Something to the effect of, "I'm not sure I like how Barnett turns away after those punches. It makes them look worse than they are." But I don't think he was selling anything. It just seemed like a ritual he has for shaking things off. Kind of like when muay thai guys do jazz hands after getting hit.

Array

School
    Gracie University
    Seemed to work.

A lot of those looked like they would knock out most other people.
    Hell, even Barnett could of knocked a few people out with many of the clean hits he got in that match.
    They went all out.

Side not....
    Cormier needs some new fight shorts.
    He was somewhere in between lazy plumber, and whale tail.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    You know your bound for HW stardom when you can SLAM Josh Barnett without getting punished for it.
    Cormier has arrived!

Cormier will be UFC champion in 2013.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Did anybody else score Melendez/Thompson a draw? I had that first round a 10-10 then Melendez round 2 and 3. Thompson with round 4 and 5
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast