Breaking them down

Hi,

I hope some of you experienced guys can help me.

I train traditional BJJ but have always enjoyed the 10p DVDs and videos and I've been experimenting with a bit if rubber guard in rolling (my instructor seems to be cool with my experiments so far...)

If I can get to Mission Control then I get to an Omoplata submission almost every time - that part is great.

What I'm having trouble with us breaking them down to start with - I mean, I can break them down, but holding them there before mission control is hard. On people my size I'm ok, but bigger guys force their way back up even with both my hands in gable grip around their neck. They seem to instinctively arch their back and tuck their head so there's nothing left to hold on to and my hands just slip off.

Anybody got any tips?

Thanks!

Ok, so after watching this video I think I've answered my own question!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtnCe...feature=relmfu

1) Basically, I think I'm trying to hold them in my full guard too long before going to mission control - the guy in the vid doesn't hang around once posture is broken - his leg goes straight up and he's into rubber guard.

2) He doesn't use the two handed gable grip on the back of the neck at all - just one hand/forearm on the neck with one hand and an overbook with the other. I'll try that as well.

Thanks, er, me!

Array

School
    North Queensland Fight Academy - Australia
    If guys know what your looking for it can be difficult to get; try to set it up by throwing a basic sweep attempt, it gets them thinking about something else, and creates a bit more room to move for the guard / mission control transition.

Array

School
    10th Planet San Francisco
    I figured I'd repost the link as an embedded video:

Also, that overhook and collar tie control you mention is a great setup for the pyramid, which, as you probably know, Eddie goes over in Disc 1 of MTRG.

Thanks - I have yet to acquire tech skillz on this forum... Nice video though - is he a 10p instructor?