Array

School
    10th Planet Spokane

Opinions on inverted triangles?

I've been playing with getting to an inverted triangle from side control and i'm curious if it's worth pursuing.... I'm getting to the triangle a lot but the finish rate is about 1 in 4. Any ideas or suggestions?

Array

School
    RMNU
    Catch your ankle on the choking leg and try to tighten/adjust. Attack the arm. Transition to mount triangle.

Array

School
    RMNU
    Erik Paulson goes over it on budo videos I think.

Array

School
    10th Planet San Francisco
    As someone who gets caught in a fair share of inverted triangles, I think it's a great move to have in your bag of tricks if the guy in side control puts his arm between your legs. As Will mentioned, you don't have to finish with the triangle, the Americana is there if you're quick about it.

Array

School
    North Queensland Fight Academy - Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by Will Thaxton View Post
    Catch your ankle on the choking leg and try to tighten/adjust. Attack the arm. Transition to mount triangle.
    like Will said I pull on my foot to tighten the triangle, also cut more of an angle by twisting your hips for that extra inch of squeeze

Array

School
    10th Planet San Francisco
    Roy Dean demonstrates attacking the other arm (straight armlock, americana) from the inverted triangle at 4:45 of this vid. Btw this video is also chock full of great escapes from side control.

Array

School
    American Combat Club
    Work on cinching up your triangles from all positions. If triangles aren't your strong suit (because of body type or whatever) use it to set up other moves. It's called chain grappling and it's necessary to become a high level grappler. Here's a good chain from Erik Paulson that I use ALL THE TIME from the side control triangle setup.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_B7Wd4LF28

Array

School
    Counter Violence LLC
    You can snag a toe hold from there too.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Start around the 9:50 mark. The Judo Side Triangle is on of my goto techniques from side control and Judo side control

Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    Start around the 9:50 mark. The Judo Side Triangle is on of my goto techniques from side control and Judo side control

Thats where I set my inverted triangles up. Love attacking that free arm too
    #10thplanetFREAKS