Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Array

School
    joe hurst jiu jitsu undercover 10thp charlotte
    and he seems so humble ...kewl cat

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield
    Tough dude, probably has some real high level guys in his room.
    superherojiujitsuacademy.com
    http://www.defensesoap.com/idevaffil...ate.php?id=327
    10P4L
    F&V forever
    Ps 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
    Ge 32:24 And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day.
    Blackbelt 3/28/13

another interesting thing to know is that this is Tom Callos' son. the guy that got BJ Penn into BJJ.

Array

School
    Best Way Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin W. View Post
    another interesting thing to know is that this is Tom Callos' son. the guy that got BJ Penn into BJJ.
    He also trained at BJ's Academy up to his purple belt before he moved out to train with Lloyd.

I imagine he'll get his brown now finally. I expect him to win the no-gi worlds and pans (if he does the no-gi pans) too. I started out only doing no-gi a long time before he ever did gi.

Array

School
    Sergio Penha
    We talked to BJ about him in our podcast with BJ. BJ and his crew need to get some credit for his success too. He really has take off this past year with TLI.

The Miyao brothers are ridiculous too. Keenan did beat them both but he's got a lot of size on them and didn't want to try and pass their guards.

I think that Rodolfo may have hit the Grand Slam before.

Quote Originally Posted by OpenMatRadio View Post

The Miyao brothers are ridiculous too. Keenan did beat them both but he's got a lot of size on them and didn't want to try and pass their guards.

I think that Rodolfo may have hit the Grand Slam before.
    Whats up guys! Keenan here, just found this thread and wanted to clear some speculation up!
    boy was i afraid to try to pass the paulo miyaos guard, fortunately for me he was equally afraid to try pass my guard! im sure if either one of us had come up earlier the match would have had a taken much more exciting turn but most likely resulted in that person losing that is what's unfortunate about purple belts, our games aren't developed enough to be comfortable in all jiu-jitsu situations. but im working on it i swear! i just hadn't become quite confident in my passing to test it in the ABSOLUTE FINALS of THE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS against PAULO MIYAO!! haha that has some weight behind it. i've had the pleasure of fighting 4 miyao brothers(joao twice and paulo twice) in the last month and a half and i have become acutely aware of how dangerous their guards are... and consequently avoided it like the plague. and i can only hope that perhaps the talented brothers felt the same way about my guard!! haha

a grand slam is winning just your division in the major four competions, no one really knows what to call the double gold grand slam. plenty of people have won all their divisions in the major 4,well i think 5 or 6 people.
    About the DOUBLE GOLD grand slam, Rodolfo would have been the man to do it but actually a brown belt by the name of alex trans came closer to it last year, Rodolfo had no more than 6 of the 8 required gold medals (possibly 4), alex had 7 of 8! he lost to joao rocha in the absolute of the brazilero brown belt division. some how i avoided all the bad ref calls that could have made me fall short of the grand slam and i even had 1 referee decision victory in Europe that i miraculously got the win from in a match where the score was 0-0! but i try not to leave it in the hands of the judges! anyways 4 months later I had the elusive 8 gold medals!

not alot of people realize that gabi garcia is actually the most likely to have done it!! but out of sheer luck she doesn't made it a priority to make it to all the major tournaments to destroy the women's division so she is out of the running!

thanks guys hope this clears things up! JIU-JITSU!!!

Sam Sales

Hi Keenan, welcome to the site. You are a fucking beast bro. :-)

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    Holy shit. I love it when this happens. Keenan is a lurker. Ill be damned.. Im lookin forward to your future man. Thanks for your time and please stop by every now and again to keep us updated. It makes us feel special

Array

School
    Sergio Penha
    Quote Originally Posted by keenancornelius View Post
    Whats up guys! Keenan here, just found this thread and wanted to clear some speculation up!
    boy was i afraid to try to pass the paulo miyaos guard, fortunately for me he was equally afraid to try pass my guard! im sure if either one of us had come up earlier the match would have had a taken much more exciting turn but most likely resulted in that person losing that is what's unfortunate about purple belts, our games aren't developed enough to be comfortable in all jiu-jitsu situations. but im working on it i swear! i just hadn't become quite confident in my passing to test it in the ABSOLUTE FINALS of THE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS against PAULO MIYAO!! haha that has some weight behind it. i've had the pleasure of fighting 4 miyao brothers(joao twice and paulo twice) in the last month and a half and i have become acutely aware of how dangerous their guards are... and consequently avoided it like the plague. and i can only hope that perhaps the talented brothers felt the same way about my guard!! haha

a grand slam is winning just your division in the major four competions, no one really knows what to call the double gold grand slam. plenty of people have won all their divisions in the major 4,well i think 5 or 6 people.
    About the DOUBLE GOLD grand slam, Rodolfo would have been the man to do it but actually a brown belt by the name of alex trans came closer to it last year, Rodolfo had no more than 6 of the 8 required gold medals (possibly 4), alex had 7 of 8! he lost to joao rocha in the absolute of the brazilero brown belt division. some how i avoided all the bad ref calls that could have made me fall short of the grand slam and i even had 1 referee decision victory in Europe that i miraculously got the win from in a match where the score was 0-0! but i try not to leave it in the hands of the judges! anyways 4 months later I had the elusive 8 gold medals!

not alot of people realize that gabi garcia is actually the most likely to have done it!! but out of sheer luck she doesn't made it a priority to make it to all the major tournaments to destroy the women's division so she is out of the running!

thanks guys hope this clears things up! JIU-JITSU!!!
    What's up Keenan? Thanks for clarifying everything! Especially about the Miyao brothers. I hope you didn't take my post as a knock against you but rather a compliment to the Miyao's. I had some friends in abu dhabi that said even Buchecha and a host of other blackbelts had trouble with their guards. You are 100% right that they didn't try passing yours either. I totally understand the strategy involved in that final. It's one that was implemented in a few finals this Worlds. As a fan I was hoping to see a submission. I thought that we might have seen another armbar come out. I'd love to know how you handled any stress from the pressure of creating jiu jitsu history with that fight. I would say that since you pulled all those double golds that you get to name it!

Regarding ref's decisions and point scoring in general, are there any things that you'd like the IBJJF to implement to address those issues? An overtime round rather than ref's decision? Getting rid of advantages? More aggressive stalling calls?

Thanks again for the responses. BJ and everyone we've spoken to about you has had nothing but good things to say about you on and off the mat. Anytime you want to do our show just let us know. You're always welcome to be on. We can't wait to see what's next for you.

Paul
    OpenMatRadio.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast