Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kettlebells

Array

School
    10th Planet Portland

Kettlebells

Whats the best work out? Whats your work out? What not to do? What to do? What to buy? Where to buy? I wanna do this shit! Im convinced its a great work out.

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    From the San Francisco Bay Area California.
    The snatch and clean is one of my favorites great for overall bodies, grip and explosive power. And of course kettle bell swings which are always a great exercise

Array

School
    10th Planet Omaha
    Steve Maxwell has a kettlebell instructional that includes a 25 min workout where you never put the kettlebell down. It is intense but very practical. If you throw it into your workout routine a couple times a week, you should see some results. Steve Maxwell is a BEAST!!! The first DVD he goes over a bunch of different exercises, and breaks them down very well. He really stresses control and form, therefore the first DVD is kinda long. The next DVD is the actual workout, which goes by very quick, but you are sweating and breathing pretty hard at the end. I started out with just a 20 lb kettlebell, then moved up to a 30 lb. I wanna eventually work my way up to a 40 lb and then 50 lb kettlebell, but that would be pretty tough. I would most def recommend this series if you wanna add some kettlebells to your workout routine. Good luck bro.

-Crayon

Array

School
    10th planet jiu jitsu,los angeles
    Phill.... I never liked to lift weight, but after listening what Eddie said to you and me yesterday;I decided to do kettle bells bro.Russian way..baby...I've seen what it had done to my many friends in Soviet Union. It is very simple,not expensive,very effective and practical.Kettle bell rule!

Array

School
    Hey Phill..we can split the bill for instructional kettle bell DVD too.Anyway talk to you in class about it.

Array

School
    Thanks Christopher Crayon for info.

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    From the San Francisco Bay Area California.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Crayon View Post
    Steve Maxwell has a kettlebell instructional that includes a 25 min workout where you never put the kettlebell down. It is intense but very practical. If you throw it into your workout routine a couple times a week, you should see some results. Steve Maxwell is a BEAST!!! The first DVD he goes over a bunch of different exercises, and breaks them down very well. He really stresses control and form, therefore the first DVD is kinda long. The next DVD is the actual workout, which goes by very quick, but you are sweating and breathing pretty hard at the end. I started out with just a 20 lb kettlebell, then moved up to a 30 lb. I wanna eventually work my way up to a 40 lb and then 50 lb kettlebell, but that would be pretty tough. I would most def recommend this series if you wanna add some kettlebells to your workout routine. Good luck bro.

-Crayon
    Well. I am sold.

Array

School
    10th Planet Riverside
    Kettlebells purchase can be tricky
    Make sure you got nice smooth handles and rounded ones. Some companies are selling "pro models" with grippy handles looking like barbells and that would suck balls!
    You don't want square handles either...
    Depending on your size start at 25lbs or 35lbs
    I'm 135lbs soaking wet 5'8 and I started with 35lbs and it was a pretty intense workout but blasted through it after a couple of weeks.
    Now I'm doing all my routines at 44lbs and a couple of exercises at 53lbs

It's all about technique! Once you figure out to move yourself under the weights and such you'll be able to swing heavy weight in no time without fucking yourself up

Plenty of DVD available on the interweb but I'd recommend Pavel Tsatsouline/ Steve Maxwell and Mike Mahler. Those guys are legends in this field

Array

School
    10th Planet Portland
    Thanks guys! any links on buying one? or should I look local.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by John Alighieri View Post
    Kettlebells purchase can be tricky
    Make sure you got nice smooth handles and rounded ones. Some companies are selling "pro models" with grippy handles looking like barbells and that would suck balls!
    You don't want square handles either...
    Depending on your size start at 25lbs or 35lbs
    I'm 135lbs soaking wet 5'8 and I started with 35lbs and it was a pretty intense workout but blasted through it after a couple of weeks.
    Now I'm doing all my routines at 44lbs and a couple of exercises at 53lbs

It's all about technique! Once you figure out to move yourself under the weights and such you'll be able to swing heavy weight in no time without fucking yourself up

Plenty of DVD available on the interweb but I'd recommend Pavel Tsatsouline/ Steve Maxwell and Mike Mahler. Those guys are legends in this field
    Wow, a 15 lber kicks my ass. Id die with a 35.

I do a routine along these lines. Now its not intense enough so instead of jumping rope every other minute, I'll throw in some burpees or some core reps. A minute of burpees then going right into something like gun slingers is almost too much. But i figure if I can make it an intense 20 mins, a couple 15 min matches wont do anything to me at Gracie Worlds
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast