Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Array

School
    Kakuto University & Traveling 10 Ring Circus

Anyone Ever Choke Out Your Dad

So, over the last five years my pops has turned into an awful person to be around. He's slipped into a depression and I suspect that his blood sugar needs some attention, so he's really volatile--particularly when he drinks. Now, he's never physical, but he treats us all like shit and my mom has to deal with that shit. Now, he's threatened to be physical with me when I've told him to be nice, but then I just egg him on and he backs off because he knows he'll be sleeping like an old dog if he tries shit. So, naturally, when I'm around and he starts rallying, it makes my blood fucking boil when my mom starts tearing up because he's being a dick or embarrassing her in front of the neighbors. Usually I'm his verbal punching bag anyway (because my brother has been working overseas for 6 years) and always have been, so this shit bounces off of me. It's just that now it's starting to affect the rest of my family. He's doing this shit to them. I really think I want to choke him out, but I'm concerned about the consequences of that. So, my question is, are there any of you guys that ever choked out your dad? how'd that work out? You guys get along better now? Did it split up the family or bring it together? Any advice is probably excellent advice, so please weigh in.

Array

School
    apparently dry humor is wasted here...bummer.

Array

School
    10th Planet Birmingham UK

Array

School
    i can always count on the brits to appreciate good satire...lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Garry View Post

Sam Sales

Quote Originally Posted by chris garry View Post
    lol

Array

School
    2x=proof
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Sales View Post
    lol

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    From the San Francisco Bay Area California.
    Was this supposed to be funny?

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Spalla
    Was this supposed to be funny?
    Fuck I'm not sure either

Array

School
    10th Planet Fort Lauderdale Hotbox!
    Not sure if this is supposed to be serious or not but I'll answer like it is...

First of all, you say your dad has never been physical with you and his threats are empty, so are you planning on being the aggressor and attacking him in order to choke him out? If that's the case then I'd say that's a very bad idea. From the looks of your profile I'd venture to guess you're over 18 years old in which case if you dad is as unstable as you say he is, he could press charges on you and then you're the one in the shitty situation not him. But on the other hand, if you're asking whether you should use your martial arts skills to defend yourself should your dad ever attack you then I think the answer is obvious. You're not just going to lay there while he pounds on you.

Having said that, I think violence should be the last thing on your mind to remedy your family situation. If your dad hasn't escalated it to violence yet then why would you? It sounds like you've got a bit of an ego issue and you want to show your dad how tough you are. If you really care about your mother and the rest of your family I would seek help from a professional in psychology or family counseling or something like that, I wouldn't ask a forum of jiu jitsu practitioners for permission to choke your dad out.

I apologize if that was too serious of an answer for a post that might have been a poor attempt at humor, but that's my opinion.

Array

School
    10th Planet Riverside
    too many trolls on this forum. It gets old after a while...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast