Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Array

School
    Rip Tide Combat and Fitness

My online certification video

Video private, fight coming up. Probably doesnt make that much of a difference, but 2 much info

Not sure what I was supposed to do with this so I just posted it. Went a couple minutes over on time. 15 minutes goes by kinda quick. Hope my voice is loud enough. A sloppy move or 2 and I forgot to display dogfight techniques, but I finally got it done. I was also trying to go easy on my buddies joints on a couple moves. He doesnt stretch too much
    Last edited by Sean Marshall; 06-27-2012 at 07:04 PM.

Hi Sean!

Props for uploading that video and practicing on your own in your garage.
    Let me tell you that I didn't watch the whole video, so maybe I only saw the worse parts of it.

But with the current execution of technique you are not ready to receive your blue belt in my book yet.
    There where to many holes in every technique I watched while skipping through the video. Don't be discouraged, just keep practicing and try to enter some competitions to compete.

It also looks better when your partner knows what you are actually doing.

Keep drilling!

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthias Sieber View Post
    Hi Sean!

Props for uploading that video and practicing on your own in your garage.
    Let me tell you that I didn't watch the whole video, so maybe I only saw the worse parts of it.

But with the current execution of technique you are not ready to receive your blue belt in my book yet.
    There where to many holes in every technique I watched while skipping through the video. Don't be discouraged, just keep practicing and try to enter some competitions to compete.

It also looks better when your partner knows what you are actually doing.

Keep drilling!
    There are no partners around that know what im doing to flow with me. Its like a 200 pound grappling dummy. Telling him what to do isnt easy, like telling him to attempt a triangle after rolling out of an omoplata, he couldnt do it. I havnt been able to rep much in about a month and a half. Long story. Even when I was at the gym some guys there avoids jiu jitsu like the plague and dont want to rep much, along with the owners disliking 10th Planet and not wanting me to teach any of it. Advancing in grappling in my area is hard. The places I want to train at are unreachable for now for a couple reasons.

There is one time i had him in the truck, I think the fisrt time, my cup was smashing my nards. I couldnt fully apply any calf cranks or twisters because he couldnt take em on his joints, especially any defcon 4 subs from all positions. Not sure if any of that makes a difference.

I would have rather have gotten a belt rank from tournaments and seminars, but i always either have no money and a ride or a ride and no money.

No tips or anything? Just every technique is too sloppy? Oh yeah, and I didnt practice all these in my garage, thats just where Im at now.
    Last edited by Sean Marshall; 06-12-2012 at 06:15 PM.

Array

School
    Also should I be doing these at full speed? Was goin slow... If mine sucks too much, would be nice to know what a good video should look like. Maybe there is a blue belt somewhere out there that would like to make one?

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Sean, I'm in agreement with Matthias. There is alot of polishing needed. You have a obvious understanding of the system and know the pathing, but lack the refinement, reps and details of a blue belt, imho. I was only able to get about 5 mins in as I have to head out the door, I'll take a look later and give some specfics if you're interested. However doing the very first technique you call out (Jaws of Life) incorrectly, sends a message. It takes courage and drive to be the first person, that I'm aware of to post thier vide. I'm sure with some solid feed back, reps and polishing up you've be able to make a much improved video they will leave no doubters.
    Last edited by Chris Herzog; 06-12-2012 at 01:14 PM.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    On the search
    With a really inflexible partner all of the defcon 4 variations are going to be hard. They're made for the most flexible of opponents. Even some of the basic variations will be hard to complete because he's tapping before you do anything. Your leniency
    when applying the techniques shows you're a good training partner. Nice job not mangling your buddy. Get that dude to stretch...even once, damn.

There isn't anyone that can't use more reps and some polish on their technique. If you didn't, you'd be featured on ancient aliens as the only decedent of nibiru on Earth (ALIENS!) You admitted when things were sloppy in the video multiple times. I think that proves you're not normally that loose with the techniques. Again, get that dude to stretch then put it on him.

Great job on the video. You definitely demonstrated a lot of knowledge on the system. You proved you study hard and are working on applying the techniques with increased perfection after every rep. I'd like to see some rolling also but you seem to be well on your way to getting your blue on knowledge alone. Keep up the hard work no matter what happens and good luck.
    Last edited by Matthew Edlund; 06-12-2012 at 12:56 PM.

Array

School
    10th Planet Omaha/ SIMS Martial Arts Academy
    Zogs got 2 blue belts in FL, i think there is a purple in florida as well as some other blue belts possibly running around down there. Recycle cans, sell blood, sell some semen, save pennies from your job, maybe get a 2nd job, sell some shit on craigslist, beg to sleep on a couch, and drive to the nearest ranked guy, or save for a bus ticket to the nearest ranked guy, and get a private with them and any classes you can attend with them and video tape it all study it like its going out of style. If you don't have the money for the private ask them if you can hand out flyers for them while you are in the area, if you can clean the school while you are in the area or if there is anything you can do to at least cover the drop in fee (just be sure you do what you say) Teach your friend the moves so he can love jiu-jitsu like you and then repeat. A Lot.

Array

School
    Thanx for the input everybody and yes Zog I know that jaws of life sucked. He just flopped on me and didnt go for a normal over/under hook like he would if we were rolling. Threw me off. I did it all in 1 take since thats all I had time for with him. It took me 3 weeks just to get him to do the video with me.

Help on specifics would be nice. Never got any help on any of this stuff before.

I will try to get some video of me rolling. Getting back into a gym this week. Its so hard to get reps in. People rep something 5 times and they're done with it.

Luckily my old training partner that moved away a while back called me today soon after I posted this. He said he is fighting crazy horse Bennett in september and is picking me up to stay at his house for a couple days at a time to help him train. He was the last training partner I had that would rep out techniques for hours with me. One of those good timing coincidences I guess.

Hopefully the next time i make a submission vid it will look completely different. Glad to finally have an idea of where im at with the system
    Last edited by Sean Marshall; 06-12-2012 at 02:24 PM.

Array

School
    10th Planet Dawsonville Hotbox
    Great work man. Having tape of yourself is an invaluable tool. I try to get footage of my reps anytime I can and then watch them side by side with Mastering The System to see how many details went right over my head. haha

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Although I'm only a white belt I can still see some gaps in your game. So don't take it personally because it's a learning experience for everyone here on the forum.

-Your whip-up needs work. Use more legs than arms to elevate his base
    -when transitioning to the electric chair remember to swim your arm through his body and push away to create the space.
    -when you pump Don't let the space come back as your jacking him up.
    - when transitioning to spider web remember to hook that leg with your other arm for extra security.

I've only gotten a little past the croc to spiderweb. Keep going hard man and train as much as you can. Remember to work the little details and like Derek said. Seek out Brandon and Tyler Woosley from Miami Hotbox. I trained with them while I was down there on vacation and they know their shit. Hopefully someone with a higher belt rank can fully break down this video so that you can understand the detail of it.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast