Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    K Madden

Playing the Game

I'm sitting here in Amsterdam thinking to myself that I'm really hating this ridiculous game that users have to play.
    Having to deny the use of a substance that has done more for improving MY moral well-being, headaches, kinks, knots, mental psyche, stress level, insomnia and overall pains than anything else in my LIFE is unnerving!

We all know it has benefits. There is no denying that anymore. Any ignorance to that fact is because of self denial, not research or available accepted knowledge- The information is out there. I too, was once blinded by the idiosyncrasies of the mainstream zeitgeist of yesterday.
    I once held such opposition to this, that I dismissed trusted friends and spiritual guiders on my quest for sobriety. I saw it as a crutch, a weakness and a sign of a "bad" person.
    Admittedly to everyone who has opposition to it still- I can see the ability for it to be abused for social recreation purposes rather than medicinal uses. I understand and agree with the movement for against people who are irresponsible, but I beg of you to make the separation between 'use' and 'abuse'.

With the benefits clearly in front of us, we still, for some UNGODLY reason, I have to deny this potentially life-saving MEDICINE.

It's difficult for me because I live a life that most would kill for. I'm my own boss, I travel when/where/how I want without having to worry about drug testing or a close-minded corporation/boss.
    I have the luxury to 'fight' more than about anyone you know. I have the ability to take a stand and I want to be able to get up on a table and scream about the benefits to everyone!
    Personally, I'm just having a hard time balancing the 'denial' of use and the spouting of positives that I have experienced in the past two months- to every person I come across. My world has been opened up, I feel as though my hood has been removed. More than just an eye-opening, I see every interaction that I have amplified and strengthened. To say it lightly, it's a new beautiful world in front of me. I want to share this so badly.

Why do I have to stand back? I feel like a lot can be taken away with admission of use for some reason. How can I balance this feeling?

Any words of wisdom?
    "suck it up"? "Shut up and color"? "Just deal with it"? "welcome to what we alllll deal with"?...or
    "Fight the power!"? "Help the movement"?

Reguards
    -A disgruntled new man

PS- I CANT WAIT to roll with it. Recovering from surgeries suck.

Sam Sales

If you think admitting you smoke weed to people will impact your life negatively in any way like for instance the possibility of losing work/jobs or something then don't do it mate. You can still be pro weed and talk about its benefits without admitting you smoke it yourself. Plus you never know, one of your buddies might have a Jon Jones approach to weed.

Just what I would do. :-)

Array

School
    10th Planet Corona/ Academy of Kings Top Team
    Whats a Jon Jones approach to weed?

Sam Sales

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey Nuusolia View Post
    Whats a Jon Jones approach to weed?
    He once said if he found out one of his friends was smoking weed he would call the police on them :-)

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Fort Lauderdale HB
    We briefly talked about this a long while back. I told ya it would open the world to you and help in so many areas lol. We deal with the same demons so I know what it does for you. I totally understand your frustration, it is very difficult to understand how in this age of information people can still be so ignorant of what this amazing plant does for people. For me I take the Honey badger approach, I just dont give a fuck, but I have nothing to lose. I sign petitions, try to educate people, and help the movement if I can. Like Sam said its all depending on what the consequences would be. One love!!

Array

School
    10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    I know it's not exactly the same thing but I'm in a similar situation. I live in Ala-freaking-Bama (Alabama, USA). This is THE bible belt. When people meet you one of the first things they ask is "Have you found a good church yet"? I am an atheist. I have very strong feelings about religion. But for the sake of my family and my job, I mostly keep those feelings private. If asked I never lie, but I no longer engage in debate about religion with people. Sometimes we just have to know we are right, even if the majority around us can't see it.

Good luck.

Array

School
    10th planet Peterborough
    He once said if he found out one of his friends was smoking weed he would call the police on them :-)
    I thought you meant over indulge in the recreational substance of choice and wrap your car around a pole. Funny that call on your buddy for smoking weed whci in itself will hurt no one ... or drink like a fish and crash your car whilst putting others lives at risk ... thats ok ...
    Stewart Landry
    Head Instructor 10th Planet Peterborough

Array

School
    no school in the area
    In the Netherlands it is normal to smoke weed, my friends smoke all a bang and it is accepted. Actually my work is exactly the same, If you told a colleague that you smoke weed, you hear 9 out of 10 times, I also smoke weed. I think real friends will not do it like jon jones selling you out to the police . ,then they are not friends.

it would be funny if they try that in holland and the officer on call told you : Yes i smoke weed too
    Don't smoke if you don't wanna or try to see it in another way like this is my life and i'm gonna do what iwant !

Array

School
    Rickson Gracie Leiden (Holland)
    i work in the IT here in the Netherlands and 3 out of 10 work high here no one bothers.

Array

School
    Liverpool Vale Tudo
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Sales View Post
    Now this is one thing I like about Jon Jones.

Ken, the Amsterdam Politie are on their way and they are PISSED. I told them you're harboring and aiding a dangerous fugitive by the name of Clark T. Rex. They said they're gonna take you to France so they can arrest you for your wacky baccy crimes. Didn't you know you needed a Marihuana Tax Stamp!?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast