Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Array

School
    None

Going into MMA and need input from this big giant family =]

So I'm going to start training for a few more months before I step in the cage. Can you guys give me some ideas for certain techniques and moves that work best for MMA? Like what are some essential sweeps, passes, techniques, submissions that ware gonna work best for me? 5'9" fighting in 145 and above average flexibility. Fellow aliens drop some knowledge on my white ass!

Array

School
    AREA 52 MMA
    get into a solid gym with some fellow mma fighters

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    Such a blanket question, and hard to answer never having trained with you. Sooo, you should pull guard. Then slap on a sorcerer. Get it on video. Goodluck

Array

School
    10th Planet Soldotna
    Of all the times I listened to Eddie on anything (JRE, bjj interviews, what have you) He always stresses working on your guard to deal with the elite wrestler. So drilling guard may be a good idea. Just look up a bunch of Shinya Aoki vids lol. Or if all else fails go to the sorcerer :P.

Array

School
    None
    Thanks lol ill do my best with The Sorcerer :P thanks the tips and advice!I'll be sure to get it on video gonna do 10th planet proud!

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    wrestle, wrestle, wrestle, pass, pass, pass, mount, mount, mount, back, back, back and then of course lockdown half, butterfly guard, rubber guard, all the deep hook transitions to spider web, ad the twister once you become a legit threat on the ground
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    None
    Eddie thank you for making my day first of all, Lol second of all sounds good! I've been working on all my half guard (lockdown) jawns. Getting real dangerous with the electric chair :P Gonna definitely work on butterfly, rubber and spider web (thanks for the spider web reminder) I appreciate the words of wisdom! Is there, other than The Sorcerer, any submission you'd like to see pulled off? I'll try my hardest to make sure I win with it ^.^

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    From the San Francisco Bay Area California.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Kinney View Post
    Eddie thank you for making my day first of all, Lol second of all sounds good! I've been working on all my half guard (lockdown) jawns. Getting real dangerous with the electric chair :P Gonna definitely work on butterfly, rubber and spider web (thanks for the spider web reminder) I appreciate the words of wisdom! Is there, other than The Sorcerer, any submission you'd like to see pulled off? I'll try my hardest to make sure I win with it ^.^
    The Vaporizer.

Array

School
    10th Planet St. Paul
    The best advice I can give you if you're not a seasoned fighter is "all the way out"(circle away from his power and throw leg kicks) or "all the way in"(close the gap, preferably with a high clinch, and bring the fight to the ground however you can)
    If you're not a wrestler don't try shooting for legs (unless it's a setup to pull guard) you're just gonna end up getting yourself in trouble. The advantage to the high clinch(your lead shoulder in your opponent's chest, same side underhook, looking for wrist control on the other side) is that you don't run the risk of getting sprawled on or getting your neck stuck in a guillotine. Basically avoid standing in the pocket at all cost if you're not comfortable there. Good luck bredren, give em hell!

Array

School
    10th Planet St. Paul
    All the way out:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast