Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Oakland

Im so over bad refs and 10th planet haters

So I just got done competing in the Jiu Jitsu by the Bay competition. I was doing good and was in the Advanced Open semi finals. I caught the guy in a inverted arm bar, he tapped the crowd cheered and then I let go and stood up. The ref then says to me " I didn't tell you to stop, keep fighting". I look at him and was like " ummm what? he just tapped". The other guy realized he could keep fighting if he lied and he says " I was going to tap".The ref instructed me to keep fighting so I had to go and keep fighting I sat back from being in the guys open guard to attack the legs he took that momentum and got 2 points for a sweep and then he stalled and laid on top on me. I tried showing the ref video, a bunch of other people from other schools told the ref and event coordinator that the other guy tapped. Nothing.... So I lost my cool a little with the ref after him being a ignorant steroid freak telling me how hes been doing Jiu Jitsu before I was born blah blah blah, and that was the end of the story... WTF!!!!!!!!

Its spilt milk now, Im just venting off some steam.
    https://www.facebook.com/michael.hillebrand.77

Array

School
    10th planet Melbourne/ GVJJ
    That is utter horse shit brother.
    Bad/ Biased refs are killing this sport, that story just makes me so fucking angry.

I understand and actually employ the it's spilt milk theory too, but ultimately what does that accomplish other than still getting fucked over?

We need to figure out the right way to cull this shit, I think we all agree we work to hard to get ripped off like we do.

Array

School
    New PathMartial Arts/BANG Muay Thai Joliet/future 10th planet Joliet
    i think sometimes a ref's jj background determines his reffing when a 10p soldier steps up,good shit though sir next time break the arm just in case

Array

School
    10th Planet Hollywood
    Wow, fuck that referee then. As long as you know that you won, is what matters.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Post up the video please
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    10th Planet Oakland
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    Post up the video please
    I just got the video up on the comp and after seeing it on the computer, it happened a lot quicker then I remember. I def think I should have held it longer. It happened really quick and his tap was a very panic tap. So I assumed it was about to break and I released because I figure as much as we all love fighting most of us have 9-5s that we need to be at the next day. I think what got to me upset was that the guy lied and the attitude of the fucking ref after the match (what isnt on tape). Im waiting for youtube to upload itll be up shorty

Array

School
    10th Planet Oakland

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    To play devil's advocate the ref was at the same angle as the camera, and from that perspective you can not see the tap. I'm not saying he didn't tap, just that it wasn't visable. Whoever was coaching you did an excellent job trying to keep you focused. I'm not sure where the 10th Planet bias comes in, I don't see any 10th Planet gear or anything that stands out and screams 10th Planet on the video.

There are haters out there for sure. However, its the competitors job to go out there and beat his opponent, and the ref.
    It's easiest to cry "haters" when we make mistakes, lets not fall into the habit of having ready made excuses, it makes loosing too comfortable. Instead ingore the haters and go out and complete the task at hand, its the easiest way to shut them up.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

the way the guy put his hands up after you let him go, clearly says"I have stopped". He looks like a dealer going on break. Bummer.
    But calling the ref a steroid freak? He clearly has mastered his diet while spending hours lifting things and putting them back down. All in an attempt to be more nimble on the mats in his years of....

Array

School
    10th Planet Birmingham UK
    The video is inconclusive, and as Chris said the ref is at the same angle and doesnt seem at fault whatsoever.

Personally I would not have let the submission go so fast. I am not out to hurt anybody but this is competition.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast