Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Mobile, Al
    Hell yeah. Good things going on up in Charlotte. Brandon had many very good points, which is why I consider him a boss.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Jeremy,

It takes just as long to master the rubber as to master takedowns, or throws. Time, patience, faith and most of all numbers
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    Jeremy, keep us updated on your progress. New videos, quick reports, etc...
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    Harry said it, but gettin trapped mid zombie is duda all day.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Jeremy,

Let's see a new rubber guard video once you've made the adjustments.

Let us guide you to rubber guard mastery
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    Great Grappling Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
    Fort Mill South Carolina (Near Charlotte NC)
    I used it some more tonight in the no gi class. I'm having a lot more success when I set up the "Free New York" that makes things insanely easier.

I'm also posting my foot on the floor to move my hips back as I'm setting up my Rubber Guard. I had initially feared that my opponent would hop over, but it hasnet helped yet. I cant tell if this is because I'm being technically sound or some of my students have been beaten enough to fear an easy transition against me (not that I really beat them up, they just think I do).

Also I've been forcing myself to stay in Rubber Guard to play with that basic path (Mission Control, Zombie, New York, Chill Dog, Invisible Collar) and trying to avoid moving into the Omoplata setups. Tonight I allowed myself to move through the Jew Claw and Kung Fu move a little more freely. I'm finding that moving straight from New York into Kung Fu is incredibly easy. The only problem is that forces me into a place that I have a very good game already and I want to play with all the new stuff.

I'll bring the camera in on Saturday and film some new stuff after I get some more reps tomorrow night. We'll see how that works out.

thanks for the feedback, it's pretty awesome.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Mccaghren View Post

@ 3:53 - During your last omoplata attempt your opponent stacks pressure into you. I have a lot of success against this defense by controlling the trapped elbow (in this case with your right hand) and rolling belly down. He's already begging to go that way with his pressure, why not give him what he wants and sweep straight to Twister Side Control? It's an idea I picked up watching Marcelo Garcia on his website.

Is this what you are talking about? I filmed this back in 2009

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy "The Gerbil" Arel

Video Link: http://youtu.be/kYLm1oo0dL0

Is this what you are talking about? I filmed this back in 2009
    It's not exactly the same, but It uses the same principle, yes. Turning that direction (belly down) makes the omoplata game so much more effective. When I hear people say that don't like turning that way I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. So many sweeps and alternate finishes from there.

That's a glorious armbar at the end of the video, by the way. Never seen that one before.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    If you turn quickly a lot of guys dont expect you to roll that way. If they are ready for it they can roll (regardless of what I say in the video) as I've learned from repping it out.

But those people that dont expect it...it can be dangerous.

The only advice I'm qualified to offer is that I believe it's spelled "Jiu Claw"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast