Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Array

School
    Alpha MMA
    Silva vs sonnen- I'd like sonnen to win but i can't help but think silva is gonna win via ko/tko
    Griffin vs Ortiz - I'm hoping griffin will win via ko or submission but I think it will go to another decision
    I'm also hoping Cody mckenzie pulls off another of his signature guillotines but I don't think it's all that likely

Array

School
    10WO
    Other than Silva vs. Sonnen, I'm stoked about Rafaello Oliveira vs Yoislandy Izquierdo. I train with Rafaello here in Knoxville and we are all excited to see him get a fight and actually have time to prepare for it. Last couple of fights he's gotten the phone call only a week or so in advance it seems. Last guy that Izquierdo fought caught him in a guillotine, so I'm hoping Rafaello can win in similar fashion.

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    From the San Francisco Bay Area California.
    Chael Sonnen-via 00:26

Array

School
    Alpha MMA
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad Clark View Post
    Other than Silva vs. Sonnen, I'm stoked about Rafaello Oliveira vs Yoislandy Izquierdo. I train with Rafaello here in Knoxville and we are all excited to see him get a fight and actually have time to prepare for it. Last couple of fights he's gotten the phone call only a week or so in advance it seems. Last guy that Izquierdo fought caught him in a guillotine, so I'm hoping Rafaello can win in similar fashion.
    Thats awesome man, its always good to see someone you train with go out and do well, goodluck to him.
    We have a guy at our gym that is trying out for the next season of the Ultimate Fighter, so we are pretty excited for him.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Chael def has the wrestling to beat Anderson but how can you go against silva who is unbeaten in the UFC and has done what he has done ? You just cant

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Havent done fight predictions in a while. Here we go.

Main Card-

Anderson Silva vsChael Sonnen: I believe Anderson is going to do exactly what he said. He's going to batter Sonnen. Either standing or from his back.

In my opinion, Chael looked really bad against Bisping. Bisping is a tough guy, but I don't hold him in high regard. Bisping usually outpaces his opponents until they're half dead and then opens up on guys to get the TKO (never the KO). Chael survived and barely won. But he didn't look good doing so. He also admitted that Bisping caught him with a shot that made him lose a few seconds. Well, if Anderson lands, it's going to put him out.

We didn't see much of anything in the Silva/Okami fight. Okami fought scared and didn't pressure Silva. That plays perfectly into Silva's hands. Sonnen won't be as willing. Silva should be preparing for the pressure. I believe he is. I predict that Silva is going to control the distance and punish Sonnen every time he comes too close. When Sonnen does get the TD, Silva will be thowing elbows to give Sonnen a world of pain.

Forrest Griffin vs Tito Ortiz
    Who cares? But whatever. Forrest by boring decision. This shouldn't even be the co main.

Cung Le vs Patrick Cote
    : Another that I don't care about. I predict Cote uses his grappling to stifle Le. Possible submission. Likely a decision.

Dong hyun Kim vs Demian Maia
    : Maia said he's going back to his BJJ roots. That's the kind of fighter that got him in the door for title contention. I see Maia getting sub of the night again. That's more wishful thinking that objective prediction, but there is a touch of objective reasoning there. Before his KO loss to Marquardt and his odd desire to be a kickboxer, Maia was a submission machine. If he really does go to his BJJ roots, DHK is gonna have a hard time. Brain says DHK by smothering decision due to being too sweaty to get subbed. But, I'm picking Maia with my heart.

Chad Mendes Cody Mckenzie: I'd like Cody to land his guillotine. But Chad pounds him for 3 roudns.

Ivan Menijivar vs Mike Easton, meh, IDK. Menjivar by KO.
    Quote Originally Posted by CoreySmith View Post
    Preliminary Card-
    Gleison Tibau vs Khabib Nurmagomedov
    Melvin Guillard vs Fabricio Camoes
    Constantinos Philippou vs Riki Fukuda
    John Alessio vs Shane Roller
    Rafaello Oliveira vs Yoislandy Izquierdo

Sam Sales

Quote Originally Posted by David Rosado View Post
    Havent done fight predictions in a while. Here we go.

Main Card-

Anderson Silva vsChael Sonnen: I believe Anderson is going to do exactly what he said. He's going to batter Sonnen. Either standing or from his back.

In my opinion, Chael looked really bad against Bisping. Bisping is a tough guy, but I don't hold him in high regard. Bisping usually outpaces his opponents until they're half dead and then opens up on guys to get the TKO (never the KO). Chael survived and barely won. But he didn't look good doing so. He also admitted that Bisping caught him with a shot that made him lose a few seconds. Well, if Anderson lands, it's going to put him out.

We didn't see much of anything in the Silva/Okami fight. Okami fought scared and didn't pressure Silva. That plays perfectly into Silva's hands. Sonnen won't be as willing. Silva should be preparing for the pressure. I believe he is. I predict that Silva is going to control the distance and punish Sonnen every time he comes too close. When Sonnen does get the TD, Silva will be thowing elbows to give Sonnen a world of pain.

Forrest Griffin vs Tito Ortiz
    Who cares? But whatever. Forrest by boring decision. This shouldn't even be the co main.

Cung Le vs Patrick Cote
    : Another that I don't care about. I predict Cote uses his grappling to stifle Le. Possible submission. Likely a decision.

Dong hyun Kim vs Demian Maia
    : Maia said he's going back to his BJJ roots. That's the kind of fighter that got him in the door for title contention. I see Maia getting sub of the night again. That's more wishful thinking that objective prediction, but there is a touch of objective reasoning there. Before his KO loss to Marquardt and his odd desire to be a kickboxer, Maia was a submission machine. If he really does go to his BJJ roots, DHK is gonna have a hard time. Brain says DHK by smothering decision due to being too sweaty to get subbed. But, I'm picking Maia with my heart.

Chad Mendes Cody Mckenzie: I'd like Cody to land his guillotine. But Chad pounds him for 3 roudns.

Ivan Menijivar vs Mike Easton, meh, IDK. Menjivar by KO.
    haha same winner picks as i made. Lets hope it is a case of great minds think alike :-)

Sam Sales

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Sales View Post
    Silva by KO/TKO round 1 or 2
    Griffin by decision
    Cote by decision
    Maia by TKO
    Mendes by TKO
    Menjivar by decision

:-)

4 out of 6 aint bad i guess. Called the Silva Sonnen fight perfectly. :-)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12