Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Array

School
    GGBJJ

Technique Help Needed - Inverted triangle from bottom side control?

I've gotten to this inverted triangle from this bottom side control position in which I've already caught his far arm with my legs. I've made it here a few times while rolling but am unable to get a finish or sweep. My 1st instinct was to hook his leg the way I would with a regular triangle but that just makes it easy form him to hop through the N/S position right to the other side - where I lose the position.

I feel like I must have something but the only option I can see is to post up to my hand for the sweep (with inverted-triangle intact) and finish from top position. To make that happen I need to grab his right arm in front of his face a with my left hand to take his base away - then I can post up on my right hand & sweep easily. However, if he protects his hand by putting it under my legs (as in the video) it seems like he has too much base & I've got no where to go.

It sure feels like I have an advantage when I synch up that inverted triangle. Can someone please let me know if there is anywhere to go from here?

Array

School
    10th Planet Corona/ Academy of Kings Top Team
    So finishing is not an option, or doesnt work? Maybe trying the teepee finish or bolt lock neck crank type deal.

Array

School
    GGBJJ
    With his arm under my legs he has plenty of room to breath, even when I squeeze. So I think that finishing here isn't an option - unless there is something I can do to tighten the triangle that I'm not aware of. If anyone out there can finish from here - please share the 411.

Array

School
    Charlotte Jiu Jitsu Academy
    Kimura the exposed arm

Array

School
    10P Gulf Shores, Atlanta, Atmore
    cyborg teaches to go double unders body lock from there and squeeze...i finish most of my inverted triangles that way. check out some of his stuff man. might help

Array

School
    10th Planet Spokane
    i do the same thing a lot, instead of going towards the leg like a regular triangle i try to scoot away from it, and if they try to follow you its easy to sweep into a reverse mounted triangle. Once in mount you finish by leaning your upper body forward and moving your hips back onto the arm. I'm not positive it will work for everyone as i've only had success a couple times in sparring and i've never got the chance to try it in competition. Good luck!! and let me know if you find anything better!

Array

School
    GGBJJ
    Thanks for the tips - I'll try both finishes from the bottom.

Josh, can you tell me how you are sweeping? I can definitely get the tap once I sweep to the top with the inverted triangle locked in. I do the exact same finish when starting from side-control top after trapping the near arm between my legs & it works great for me.

Array

School
    Lake Effect jiu jitsu
    Several of my partners get me in this, and usually don't finish me or sweep. Unless, they get that far trapped arm I'm using for base. Try to pimp arm off his his hip so you can reach for that far arm. once you have that wrist you can then pull the arm hard and c-cup inside his knee and go for a toss while doing massive leg curls. Sometimes they also turn to their stomach and do a push-up, puts massive strain on my neck, then they walk their hands toward me until I roll. I can shoot video on Monday if you would like to see.

Array

School
    Rocha BJJ / Gracie Humaita
    I use this all the time. You finish by pulling his far arm across his neck and arching your hips. You can get better angles by half-sweeping him so that he is on his side. But the best way to finish here is to take the far arm. You can switch between the kimura, americana, and straight arm lock. Again, half-sweep him on his side, then do it.

Array

School
    GGBJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg W View Post
    ...Sometimes they also turn to their stomach and do a push-up, puts massive strain on my neck, then they walk their hands toward me until I roll. I can shoot video on Monday if you would like to see.
    If you'd put a video up that would be great. I don't quite follow this part...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast