Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin

(First post) Anderson Silva Vs. Chael Sonnen (Rubber Guard)

Is anyone looking forward to the Anderson Silva Vs. Chael Sonnen 2? That fight was epic the first time! But Silva was on his back pullin' Full Guard, and he was just getting BLASTED!! It did save him in the end with that Miracle Triangle, but I can't help, but think he would've done WAY better if he had a little Rubber Guard know how, know what I mean?

But at one point he pulled lockdown, but he gave up on it quick without even trying to sweep. Lyoto does a bit of Rubber Guarding, and since they're both from the Blackhouse fight team, I'm sure Silva's seen it. But what do you guys think? In my opinion he'd have a much better chance if he started using some 10th Planet, especially against someone like Chael who wants to put him on his back.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    I would think silva has been working takedown defense, ground get ups and knees when Chael shoots. But that's just my guess. Rubber guard would be handy though. I think I read somewhere that Chael has been working rubber guard, I could be wrong

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur
    Im guessing Andersons plan this fight is going to be.. "Keep my back off the mat".. So I doubt hes training too much on Rubber Guard. Just because Id assume all his time would be spent learning to prevent that position from happening again. But yes I do agree, If he DID know Rubber Guard.. that would have been the perfect fight to use it. And Im assuming Chael knows at least the basics of Rubber Guard now that he's training with Vinny. But I seriously doubt we'll get to see him use it in a fight with anderson. (The twister however..)

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    From the San Francisco Bay Area California.
    Quote Originally Posted by chronic_jiujitsu View Post
    Im guessing Andersons plan this fight is going to be.. "Keep my back off the mat".. So I doubt hes training too much on Rubber Guard. Just because Id assume all his time would be spent learning to prevent that position from happening again. But yes I do agree, If he DID know Rubber Guard.. that would have been the perfect fight to use it. And Im assuming Chael knows at least the basics of Rubber Guard now that he's training with Vinny. But I seriously doubt we'll get to see him use it in a fight with anderson. (The twister however..)
    If Chael Twisters Anderson, the Brazilian community is going to shit itself..

Array

School
    iglesias mma
    or the baby arm my be seen even monkey mount to loco plata

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin
    Yeah in MTS he was seen at a 10th P seminar so he could be workin on some good stuff.

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by chronic_jiujitsu View Post
    Another part of me is saying he might not ever Rubber guard (anderson I mean) Because of the Noguiera brothers being his teachers, and the guys to get him to keep fighting when he wanted to quit...So to him it might feel like a betrayal to them if he learned some 10th P....Or so I think, I could be wrong, but it would help his game out entirely.