Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Ann Arbor

10th Planet Detroit!!!!

Hi everyone, 10th Planet Detroit has officially been added to the locations page so we are live!

My name is Adlai Cleveland and I am the head instructor here in Detroit. I have been practicing jiu jitsu since 2003 and I have always been a huge fan of Eddie and the whole 10th Planet family, unfortunately the state of Michigan never had a 10th Planet school. I started out at a Rigan Machado affiliate and tried to pick up some 10th Planet techniques from magazines, books and the internet, but obviously that only goes so far.

Some unfortunate circumstances led me to live in the Los Angeles area for the summer of 2011. I wasn't even planning on doing any training, but as fate would have it, 10th Planet affiliate Stew Landry was sitting next to me on my flight out to LA. We talked all the way to Los Angeles and he convinced me to stop by HQ. It was a huge mind opening experience for me. Eddie taught a great class, and the atmosphere was unlike any other martial arts school I had ever been to. Students were eagerly sharing new techniques, recording videos on their cell phones, and even Eddie recorded a couple of variations he hadn't seen before.

Once I was settled in I decided to make the best of the situation and get the most of my time in California and started training at 10th Planet HQ. While I was out there I also got in some time with Erik Paulson at CSW HQ, Rafael Cordeiro at Kings MMA, and Toshishiro Obata at the Shinkendo Honbu dojo. Needless to say, my time in LA was incredible and it was a summer I will treasure for the rest of my life. Upon returning to Detroit I wanted to bring what I learned back to my home and spread 10th Planet here in Michigan. It took a little while to get everything worked out, but here we are

Array

School
    10th Planet Ann Arbor
    I know this is already long, but there are a few people I need to thank:
    Master Eddie- for the knowledge imparted upon me and the opportunity and trust to spread that knowledge effectively and responsibly.
    Stew Landry- for bringing me into the 10th Planet world. If you weren't on that plane and so friendly and excited about 10th Planet I would be in a very different place in my life right now.
    Rhasaan Orange- Filling in the holes in my 10th Planet game in all those private lessons.
    All the students at HQ- thanks for kicking my ass all summer!
    Jay Chow- for the INCREDIBLE logos!

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Redlands
    Detroit represent! Welcome!!!

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Nothing like mo town. Can't wait to come up with some of the guys from Chi-North

Array

School
    Lake Effect jiu jitsu
    +1 for 10th planet Detroit. So excited. I will be down soon....

Awesome. Good luck

Array

School
    10th planet Birmingham UK
    Great news
    10Wo

Array

School
    10th planet Peterborough
    So glad to have you in board. I'm looking forward to visiting you on home turf. Adlai is an incredible guy, and anyone of you guys who has a chance to meet him will make you look at life a bit different. Thanks for your visits to Peterborough, looking forward to more in the future.
    OOOSSSSS
    Stewart Landry
    Head Instructor 10th Planet Peterborough

Array

School
    10th Planet Hollywood
    Congrats, and that is a sick logo btw.

Array

School
    Dragon Academy/ 10th Planet Ronin
    Chicago, IL (USA) & San Pablo, Laguna (PH)
    Congrats Adlai for getting Detroit started off the right way Your hard work and dedication definitely paid off. I would definitely stop by next time i'm in MI. The Detroit logo looks pretty sick! Best of luck to you.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast