Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sam Sales

The new EA made UFC video game. I want a twisters/rubber guard/10th planet!

Hey guys. :-)

So i am sure many of you here play video games, and frequent twitter, facebook etc etc.

Anyway, we all know EA have just purchased the rights to make the new ufc games. What i am thinking is we it is now we need to start letting EA/UFC peeps or whoever we need to, that we want 10p training camp/10p/10p moves. I sure as shit want to be able to do twisters and all that good stuff. You can get stuff like this done if enough people want it and let it known. Plus it is awesome exposure for the system/10p brand too.

:-)
    Last edited by Sam Sales; 04-09-2013 at 12:01 AM.

Array

School
    Alpha MMA
    rubber guard in the THQ UFC games sucked
    the fighters held their foot in mission control.
    It would be cool to see proper rubberguard technique in the game, transitioning through the zombie into new york, chill dog, kungfu move, jiu claw. Ofcourse doing major transitions in the game could string together a few of them.
    And it would be awesome to be able to whip up from the lockdown and sweep.
    Possibly even a twister side control option.

Sam Sales

Quote Originally Posted by CoreySmith View Post
    rubber guard in the THQ UFC games sucked
    the fighters held their foot in mission control.
    It would be cool to see proper rubberguard technique in the game, transitioning through the zombie into new york, chill dog, kungfu move, jiu claw. Ofcourse doing major transitions in the game could string together a few of them.
    And it would be awesome to be able to whip up from the lockdown and sweep.
    Possibly even a twister side control option.
    EA needs to get Eddie in to mocap the techniques done correctly/consult. :-)

One of my old contacts just told me he thinks the Canadian ea sports studio is taking up the job of developing the game. He is going to message me when he has that confirmed. :-)
    Last edited by Sam Sales; 07-10-2012 at 03:00 AM.

Array

School
    Alpha MMA
    that would be awesome if they got eddie in to help out.
    imagine how much better the ground system would look, every time id play the game i would just pull guard haha
    keep on it man, and anything i can do let me know man.

Array

School
    Ronin
    This would be awesome ! Was pissed at how little Eddie/10p had to do with undisputed 3, im sure in the older games Eddie was the tutorial and you could train at a 10p camp !

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    Those games just suck if you really know jj. It makes me realize it would be impossible to replicate and why try? Id rather just watch vids or train instead.

I was the bjj consultant on thq's first UFC game. When you see bjj in the game that is footage of me doing it, although they went with a motion capture company for a bit but returned to me. Problem was that the game was rushed to get out. I put legit rubberguard on film but animators couldn't capture the intricacies. It was a race to get it ready for the release date. Also knowing it was a franchise, they were going to add improvements to the platform

Alder and I did a seminar at EA. part of it was in hopes of picking up that contract. But unfortunately it didn't come to fruition

Sam Sales

Quote Originally Posted by brent_littell View Post
    I was the bjj consultant on thq's first UFC game. When you see bjj in the game that is footage of me doing it, although they went with a motion capture company for a bit but returned to me. Problem was that the game was rushed to get out. I put legit rubberguard on film but animators couldn't capture the intricacies. It was a race to get it ready for the release date. Also knowing it was a franchise, they were going to add improvements to the platform

Alder and I did a seminar at EA. part of it was in hopes of picking up that contract. But unfortunately it didn't come to fruition
    Very cool story Brent. Shame THQ never really got it down. :-)

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    EA MMA had rubber guard too, albeit loose as hell.

It starts at 2:10

there were a lot 10th planet peeps involved in the THQ games...

I'm not pumped about EA trying to do another mma game.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast