Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    From the San Francisco Bay Area California.
    Is it me or was Machida using a little bit of the Stockton Slap taunts Nick and Nate use? He was taunting like them and his hand movements were like them, he just wasn't verbally taunting Bader. I thought it would have been rad if Machida was like "Brazil Mothefucker!" and dropped Bader's shit lol.

Array

School
    10th Planet St. Paul
    I'm going with Machida. I wouldn't mind seeing him fight Jones again, he was doing pretty well until he got caught.

Array

School
    Gracie University
    Quote Originally Posted by cavemancop View Post
    I think Shogun deserves the title shot. Michida is a tier one top level stricker who fought Bader who has power but is no where near Machida's level. Shogun fought a great fight against a more evenly skilled opponent. Plus I kept hearing that Machida is the only one to win a round against Bones Jones, that is a good point assuming that Jones beats Hendo, but until that happens it shouldn't have factored into the decision.

We're shit talking Bader now?
    I missed the memo....
    I thought it was widely accepted that Bader had a way better chance than Vera to pull an upset, which is why so many people enjoyed/hated the fights.
    They saw Machida make Bader look crappy, but then had to watch Shogun struggle with Vera.

Vera was the only one being talked about a little more by UFC, in attempts to dispel people thinking he was just a sacrifice to Shogun (which is what they intended on him being)

But hands down, the person who deserves a shot at the title next is getting it.

The only thing I'm worried about is the Jones Hendo fight right now, if Hendo beats Jones that would be amazing.
    But if Hendo fights the Dragon, it has the possibility of being one of the most annoying to watch fights in history....
    Machido would not want to trade with the guy who knocked Bones out, so he would revert to his evasive(backing up a lot) strategy, and Hendo wouldn't want to give him anything to counter.

Oh damn would that suck......

Array

School
    Royce Gracie Network
    How does Shogun gas in all his fights? He picked it up in the Vera fight as the fight went on, and had tons more energy then Henderson in the later rounds

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Spalla View Post
    Is it me or was Machida using a little bit of the Stockton Slap taunts Nick and Nate use? He was taunting like them and his hand movements were like them, he just wasn't verbally taunting Bader. I thought it would have been rad if Machida was like "Brazil Mothefucker!" and dropped Bader's shit lol.
    He was taking a page from Anderson Silva's book, and at one point he dances around like him too...Also, he's trained with Steven Seagall...*sigh*...And it pains me to say it, but...Those hand movements were text book Steven Seagall....If you've ever seen his movies, or at least him sparring.. You'd recognize that Lyoto was doing the Steven hand movements, and then striking afterwards..So it goes to show that he's really trying to up his game.

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell C View Post
    We're shit talking Bader now?
    I missed the memo....
    I thought it was widely accepted that Bader had a way better chance than Vera to pull an upset, which is why so many people enjoyed/hated the fights.They saw Machida make Bader look crappy, but then had to watch Shogun struggle with Vera.

Vera was the only one being talked about a little more by UFC, in attempts to dispel people thinking he was just a sacrifice to Shogun (which is what they intended on him being)

But hands down, the person who deserves a shot at the title next is getting it.

The only thing I'm worried about is the Jones Hendo fight right now, if Hendo beats Jones that would be amazing.
    But if Hendo fights the Dragon, it has the possibility of being one of the most annoying to watch fights in history....Machido would not want to trade with the guy who knocked Bones out, so he would revert to his evasive(backing up a lot) strategy, and Hendo wouldn't want to give him anything to counter.

Oh damn would that suck......
    That was widely accepted? Wow, I thought Vera was the tougher matchup. Styles make fights. Machida eats wrestleboxers for breakfast. Two MT guys are going to be a tougher match up for each other.

I don't know. I think it would be exciting. Again, Machida toys with Wrestleboxers. He admitted that he made a mistake with Rampage and he's not going to fight that way again. Plus, Hendo trusts his chin. I think Hendo would put himself in bad situations just to try and land something. I also think Hendo will try, and fail, to take Machida down. If Machida doesn't KO Hendo in a fight, then he would batter his face with counters en route to a decision.

That being said, I think Jones is gonna win.

Array

School
    10P Gulf Shores, Atlanta, Atmore
    machida for sure. shogun has no gas...it would just be another heavy bag session with jones like it was last time. at least machida can move with jones. i dont think i would even watch a shogun jones 2. that being said, hendo may very well beat jones. which makes for an interesting fight with machida. hendo could catch him or hendo could get countered...its anyones fight on that one. shogun is just disappointing at this stage in his career. they have even talked about a big nog vs shogun TUF. these are terribly boring ideas imo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12