This is why MMA will never be in the Olympics.

http://www.bjpenn.com/mmanews/2012/0...ews-33615.html

Crazy suspensions, it's a damn hard sport.

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    BJJ should be in the olympics. No gi as well. I dont' think MMA would work. You can't really do it in a tournament fashion at this level. That's my opinion at least.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Hey, Im all for making sure that fighters are fully healed from serious injury before being allowed to return... but 180 day ban's for cuts? Come on man... I get 60-90 day bans..
    :/

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Hilfiker View Post
    Hey, Im all for making sure that fighters are fully healed from serious injury before being allowed to return... but 180 day ban's for cuts? Come on man... I get 60-90 day bans..
    :/
    I didn't see the fights. How bad was the cut?

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin
    It'd be great if BJJ was in the olympics. It'd give us a higher goal to strive for.

Array

School
    Dragon Academy/ 10th Planet Ronin
    Chicago, IL (USA) & San Pablo, Laguna (PH)
    They have all these cuts, fractures, and problems with eyes... IT ALL THE SAME INJURIES YOU GET IN BOXING! Boxing is a Olympic sport but why no MMA? There is the same liability you get in any full contact sport.

Array

School
    fight sport miami
    the boxing style of the olympics and the boxing style of prof boxing are two entirely different styles. as far as im concerned MMA is better off staying away. the olympics is usually overrated anyway. The Olympics is just a reminder once every 4 years of the sports that you forgot people play for the most part. ADCC or nearly any UFC championship event is a million times more exciting than the Olympics and that says a lot. Maybe a couple decades ago when there was no internet or ufc.... or worlds.... or pan ams.... or ADCC the Olympics would be something exciting to watch but honestly, after Being able to see any of the above at least twice a year.... who gives a shit about the Olympics if its not Judo or wrestling?

Array

School
    FKC Paragon
    No MMA in Olympics please.

Only the classic Track&Field and Wrestling.