Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Array

School
    Easton
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    I wouldn't listen to a word that woman says
    1) Its Adductors, not Abbductors.
    2) They are on the insides of your thighs, not the outside.
    Adduction and Abduction are movement exercises. not to be confused with adductor muscles specifically. but i don't really know the details. i use the thigh master machine at the gym. squeezing in. pushing out. really helps your hip strength. you become more flexible contracting you muscles (PNF) people tear their acl/mcl because they have weak hip muscles. puts all the stress on ligaments.

i think "stretching" can hurt people. you want elasticity not flexibility. not to argue over semantics, but don't do anything that hurts. "stretch into the tension not through it"-if that makes sense. you might be pulling on something that doesn't want to stretch and doesn't need to. you should really read up on knee/leg anatomy. weighted exercises like squats and PNF stretching and joint mobility exercises, and palliates can help. i was blessed with double lotus. but some people are never going to be that flexible without side effects.

This book is pretty interesting (but not complete). It contradicts common knowledge of stretching, lactic acid etc..
    http://www.amazon.com/The-First-20-M.../dp/1594630933

Array

School
    Royce Gracie Network
    Yeah I played lax up till last year junior A on the Victoria Shamrocks for box lacrosse but I just aged out at 21 and didnt wanna play senior.. theres no mone or anything in it and theres a lot of travelling as there's only 2 teams on the island I'm from so a lot of fetty rides.. Plus I wanted to do something else instead so I found jiu jitsu which a lot of friends were doing. I played ice hockey rep till midget (19) now I just play lax with friends and roller/floor/street hockey with friends about once or twice a week. Nothing competitive I'm really just focusing all my competetive energy on jiu jitsu. How bout you John? You played lax or hockey before bro? Or do you still at all?

Array

School
    Royce Gracie Network
    I mean did you play lax? Where about did you play hockey?

Array

School
    Royce Gracie Network
    Ferry rides* uhhhh I need to start previewing posts when writing from an iphone

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by gatorrrrrrrrr View Post
    Yeah I played lax up till last year junior A on the Victoria Shamrocks for box lacrosse but I just aged out at 21 and didnt wanna play senior.. theres no mone or anything in it and theres a lot of travelling as there's only 2 teams on the island I'm from so a lot of fetty rides.. Plus I wanted to do something else instead so I found jiu jitsu which a lot of friends were doing. I played ice hockey rep till midget (19) now I just play lax with friends and roller/floor/street hockey with friends about once or twice a week. Nothing competitive I'm really just focusing all my competetive energy on jiu jitsu. How bout you John? You played lax or hockey before bro? Or do you still at all?
    I played on Van Island for the Cowichan Capitals. Did you know Tyler Matheson, played against him while he was in Victoria playing for the grizzlies that guy was an animal. And I played field Lax here in the states

Array

School
    Royce Gracie Network
    Hahahaha yeah man... We're pretty good fiends I'm like best friends with Mike Hammond too did you know him? He was BCHL leading scorer his last year on the Capitals but is now playing in Ontario for lakehead university or something. I played with both of them in bantam but they were way better then me. How bout Tyson Barrie? I played with him in minor on the AAA team... Never was friends wih him but he's in he NHL now on the avalanche.

Array

School
    Royce Gracie Network
    Tyler went to the Capitals for a year or two along wih Mike Hammond dunno if you played with them, they were born in '90.. Are to. Canadian or did you move her to play in the BCHL?

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Yeah Hammond was on the squad when I got traded, and Matheson I think came the year after. No I'm from Chicago Born and Raised. Just had an opportunity to play out there and took it. Small fucking world...

Array

School
    Royce Gracie Network
    Sick more Americans need to get into Hockey, baseball and basketball is so boring to me

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    For sure i totally agree. I wish box lax was more popular here in the US at the Junior level.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast