Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Array

School
    Royce Gracie Network
    Yeah Japan is huge into martial arts like Judo and Aikido, expanding 10p JJ is a very smart move IMO. China next? 10P is taking over the world

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    From the San Francisco Bay Area California.
    Quote Originally Posted by JeremyDeschner View Post
    Plus we are already teaching on the largest Navy base in Japan. The Air Force and Army have expressed interest in having us teach their guys as well. Our plan is to leverage the military guys and get them into the gym off base as well. Most of the guys that are here in Japan head back to California after Japan. I hope the guys going back stateside will want to continue their training at another 10P school when they get back home.
    This is a really smart tactic getting the military involved. I got a lot of friends in Japan right now that love Jiu Jitsu and more of them getting interested in 10th Planet. I will send a couple of them some messages and let them know big things are coming .

Array

School
    10th Planet San Antonio
    Ant Lopez and I will be in Yakota AFB this coming June. Ant's brother graduates from high school next year. How far is Yakota from you?

Array

School
    Xtreme Jiujitsu Yokohama
    Quote Originally Posted by Lon Lopez View Post
    Ant Lopez and I will be in Yakota AFB this coming June. Ant's brother graduates from high school next year. How far is Yakota from you?
    You guys are great! Thanks for the encouraging words.
    Actually we're already in talks about teaching on Yokota Base. We want to start teaching there in 2013. Yokota Air Force Base is 21 miles from Yokosuka! That's not far at all!

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin
    That's Bad ass!! Great to hear we can get some 10 P love in Japan!!

Array

School
    10th Planet Corona/ Academy of Kings Top Team
    Yes get this DONE! Im planning on trip there next summer im definitely tryna roll to a 10P in Japan were it alll started from!! Keep us posted on the progress

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Just a heads up don't rely solely on the base. We have worked with the two bases (Navy and Army) which are with 5 & 15 mins of my gym. Its easy to get them in but it is hard to keep them. Not too stuff your plans just some insight so you don't set yourself up for failure. Good Luck that would be dope to have a 10p out there.
    www.10thplanetchicago.com
    Chicago Original
    Wrestling Saves Lives
    Caveman Coffee Supporter
    www.cavemancoffeeco.com
    The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday - Jeff Mirabella

Array

School
    Xtreme Jiujitsu Yokohama
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh Passini View Post
    Just a heads up don't rely solely on the base. We have worked with the two bases (Navy and Army) which are with 5 & 15 mins of my gym. Its easy to get them in but it is hard to keep them. Not too stuff your plans just some insight so you don't set yourself up for failure. Good Luck that would be dope to have a 10p out there.
    Josh, thanks for the advice! I like you logo too. We are not just relying on the base. We have 2 schools here which means that we get a lot of Japanese nationals that come to join us as well. I understand what you mean. Right now we have the support of the Navy Fitness top tier. They really like the idea of having 10P on base and available to the sailors. We also have the US Air Force and the US Army asking us to make a JJ school on their bases. We are looking at kicking this off in 2013. Sooner for the Navy base and outside the base in Yokosuka.

If you have some ideas of what has been successful for marketing around the bases close to you, I would love to hear about it! Maybe I can use your approach to help us in Japan!

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    Quote Originally Posted by gatorrrrrrrrr View Post
    10P is taking over the world
    * High five *

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by JeremyDeschner View Post
    Josh, thanks for the advice! I like you logo too. We are not just relying on the base. We have 2 schools here which means that we get a lot of Japanese nationals that come to join us as well. I understand what you mean. Right now we have the support of the Navy Fitness top tier. They really like the idea of having 10P on base and available to the sailors. We also have the US Air Force and the US Army asking us to make a JJ school on their bases. We are looking at kicking this off in 2013. Sooner for the Navy base and outside the base in Yokosuka.

If you have some ideas of what has been successful for marketing around the bases close to you, I would love to hear about it! Maybe I can use your approach to help us in Japan!
    One of my fighters who is on the shelf from a couple of injuries is Active and would show his dominance to his peers. Word got out, so it was really my students that paved the way. They brought in other guys to teach and show techs and he would end up teaching and running through the instructors they brought in. I also heavily discounted the price for training for the guys which helped but it wasn't really price just scheduling issues and guys being shipped out and in. Tough nut to crack but I haven't found the sweet spot with them yet still working on it. If I find the magic solution I will for sure let you know. That's Awesome though. Keep at it its one of the best things I have done in my life.
    www.10thplanetchicago.com
    Chicago Original
    Wrestling Saves Lives
    Caveman Coffee Supporter
    www.cavemancoffeeco.com
    The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday - Jeff Mirabella

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast