Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobby rivers View Post
    Start with the sorcerer and work backwards from there.
    LMAO.

I'm still a novice and my best techs are

1. Double under pass
    2. Destroying the near arm in side control
    3. Americana from side control
    4. Flower sweep
    5. Lockdown series (mostly the electric chair or mechanic sweep)

The advice in here is great though. I'm going to take it myself and work in them when I have time again.

EDIT: and a word of advice. Work what you learned in class. Remember, your teacher knows more than you and knows what works. Your brain might want to do things your own way, but trust your teachers. My JJ improved, literally, over night just from working the series' I've learned in class.
    Last edited by David Rosado; 08-22-2012 at 08:56 AM.

1 shrimp
    2 upa
    3 kimura
    4 hip bump sweep
    5 rear naked choke

Array

School
    Royce Gracie Network
    -Scissor Sweep from guard
    -When in side control one hand grabs the back of his elbow the other hand on his back. Bridge into him and then go for the reversal by flipping him over on the opposite side, ending up in his side control.

Both of these are very simple and have work for me a ton.

Array

School
    10th Planet Montreal
    lockdown, kimura, arm-triangle, re-guarding, butterfly guard. In no particular order.

Array

School
    Summit City Submissions
    I don't mean to be a douche here, but the double under pass is going to get a novice guillotined or loop choked by an experienced grappler. A novice can also get crucifixed and triangled and omaplataed and swept and all kinds fucked up going for this move against an experienced grappler. I am not saying it doesn't work. The double under pass is one of my go to moves, but you need to know how to recounter the bottom guy's counters or be fast and on point with your technique to get it to work. I should also add that applying the knee up (the first technique that I mentioned a novice should learn) can get you into trouble against a guy who likes to play legs or de la riva if you are not executing it properly, but I think a novice should learn this early on so they don't get triangled and armbarred all the time.

Oh and I like Brent's top 5 alot as well.
    Last edited by Jon Watkins; 08-22-2012 at 11:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by brent_littell View Post
    1 shrimp
    2 upa
    3 kimura
    4 hip bump sweep
    I concur with Brent's 4. I took RNC because as a novice I never got anyone's back My number 5. would be triangle from the guard.

Sorry brent I agree with you 80% of the time

Array

School
    Summit City Submissions
    Quote Originally Posted by cade View Post
    I concur with Brent's 4. I took RNC because as a novice I never got anyone's back My number 5. would be triangle from the guard.

Good point

The way I was thinking was if they turned over from mount.

To be honest. I think defense would be the first five but I know they asked for how to win

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Watkins View Post
    I don't mean to be a douche here, but the double under pass is going to get a novice guillotined or loop choked by an experienced grappler. A novice can also get crucifixed and triangled and omaplataed and swept and all kinds fucked up going for this move against an experienced grappler. I am not saying it doesn't work. The double under pass is one of my go to moves, but you need to know how to recounter the bottom guy's counters or be fast and on point with your technique to get it to work. I should also add that applying the knee up (the first technique that I mentioned a novice should learn) can get you into trouble against a guy who likes to play legs or de la riva if you are not executing it properly, but I think a novice should learn this early on so they don't get triangled and armbarred all the time.

Oh and I like Brent's top 5 alot as well.
    Not a douchey post. They're good points. Again, I'm a novice. And you're right, a lot of bad things happened to me (and still happen every so often) when I go for the double under pass. I was only saying what I'm good at, not what every novice should learn. I'm in agreement with the higher ranked folk in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by cade View Post

I agree. RNC is tough to get as every one defends the heck out of em in training. I would replace with lock Down for controll. You can grab it when they break full guard, controll and recover. Some guys will just tap from pain, or give the sweep to get out of it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast