Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Ya u make some sense Dave

Array

School
    10th Planet Santa Fe/Nova Uniao
    The undercard fighters are the real losers here. Will they get another fight soon, sure. But I'm sure they were counting on the money from this fight for their families. Not all fighters are sponsored by Nike, Gatorade, or Under Armor.

10P Santa Fe's Henry Martinez was on this card

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Wright View Post
    The undercard fighters are the real losers here. Will they get another fight soon, sure. But I'm sure they were counting on the money from this fight for their families. Not all fighters are sponsored by Nike, Gatorade, or Under Armor.

10P Santa Fe's Henry Martinez was on this card
    That's my thing.

I read another thread on sherdog that raises a good point. The UFC carries a huge burden and Jones is the current scapegoat. If they would've stacked the card a bit more, they may have been able to salvage it. Very true. But I still can't help but lose a ton of respect for Jones.

I get screwed over at work all the time. Company made a huge mistake. Oh, hey that means a month of having to pull overtime to fix what they screwed up. I could say, well, you guys screwed up, not me. But I know that would cause problems with my employer. It's just a dumb move. And if they told me that nobody else would get paid if I didn't do it? The other guys aren't Jones' responsibility. I understand that. I understand flip side. I just don't understand the idea of biting the hand that feeds you, and screwing other guys out of their paydays.

Pardon my rants guys. I've just been a big Jones fan from his first UFC fight and I'm pretty bummed about how this went down.

Andrew T

Shouldn't the undercard fighters have something in their contract that lets them still get paid something if the fight doesn't go down? That's a long training camp to get nothing. Some of the stuff Chael says is funny and I admire his courage for wanting to take on the best fighters in the world anytime, anywhere but that being said it's not right that the loudest, most disrespectful guy gets the biggest fights. Make him earn it.

Array

School
    Salem
    Dude, Chael has earned every right to say whatever he wants. He understands the business of MMA and at the same time is a stand up guy behind the scenes. I have little doubt that aside from his own benefit in question. In the back of his head he was thinking of those other dudes who worked their asses off to get ready. Reading between the lines of his comments and who he is as a person. ((Straight Randy Couture status.)) He had no choice but to step up. Hell, he promised his late father that he'd be a world champion. That promise has yet to fulfilled.

He'd take that fight. And I have little doubt it'd be Silva vs Chael 1 sans the triangle.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    As much as I hate Chael... I gotta really blame Jones for this. There was a time when UFC fighters would fight each other without scientifically breaking down thier opponents tendencies and weaknesses. The Golden Age of the UFC (50 to 120 imo) was so good because all the fights were fought with more emotion, more desperation to finish and to sell fans to the sport. Now, we have garbage decisions, fighters pulling out of fights, refusing fights, etc.
    As for Jones... Grow a Pair! If you really want to be "GOAT"... then take the Sonnen fight. You dont need to dissect his gameplan... its pretty fucking obvious!!! Man up and stuff your elbows in his nostrils!
    As for Sonnen... What comes next from this mans mouth is going to be the most hilarious shit since George Carlin.
    Hope Hendo gets better too. And hope Machida waxes on and off real well for his next fight.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur
    This makes me sad on a molecular level. And the Sonnen sound bites that are sure to follow in the next 48 hour will probably be more epic than The Art of War.

Please!! 10p interweb soldiers, create a Sonnen trash talk thread that stems from this decision. No one wants to miss a minute of this entertainment.

Array

School
    10th Planet Van Nuys
    WTF man , many fighters in UFC has taken fights in short notice, Chris Weidman, Leben, Forrest, Bisping, Liddell even friggin I only think for my self Tito Ortiz. What is so hard about Jones to fight a guy who is more than likely 20 pounds lighter and bunch of inches shorter than him, who had no full training camp. Also you are not going from Pat Barry to Brock Lesnar, Hendo and Chael both train in the same camp, both are wrestling based limited strikers.

Jon Bones Jones is a bitch, seriously. This is the type of guy who would probably leave his friends and family and run so he does not get hurt in a street fight where there are more than one opponent harassing in an alley. And don't bring up where he caught an attacker or something before the fight. It was his camp that caught the guy , there was 4 of them in the scene and once all said and done they put Jones on the guy and took a picture of him for publicity.

Sam Sales

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Davis View Post
    This makes me sad on a molecular level. And the Sonnen sound bites that are sure to follow in the next 48 hour will probably be more epic than The Art of War.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jameson (Weebo) View Post
    Please!! 10p interweb soldiers, create a Sonnen trash talk thread that stems from this decision. No one wants to miss a minute of this entertainment.
    haha agreed :-)

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast