Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)

Ufc 151 cancelled!!!

The interwebs and twittersphere are blowing up.

Short story,

Hendo partially tore MCL

Offered Machida the fight....Machida turned it down. Too short notice.

Offered to Chael. Chael accepts. Jones turns it down. Too short notice.

Jones vs Machida for UFC 152.

SMH.

Jones ducked Chael.

Array

School
    10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    That says more about the weakness of the 151 card than anything. And THIS is what is killing the UFC. People pay 50 bux to watch multiple fights of decent caliber. But recently it's been decision after decision after decision. It has seemed that the desire to "finish" a fight has transcended to "win" the fight. That is partly because of the UFC's quick finger on the fire button of losing fighters. It seems they are more cautious and fight safer because a "w" - even if by boring Jake Shields like style - is still a "w" and they live to fight one more fight.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    The ammo Chael will have now. Fuck Michael Jackson and his popcorn, what follows will be epic.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    People are crazy ignorant saying jones ducked Chael. 8 days notice? Common now, any logical person would know 8 days before the fight isn't near enough time to figure a gameplan out. Chael is ruthless and even though I want jones to smash him its everythin to gain for Chael and everything to lose for jones. Also why would jones wanna let Chael talk his way into ANOTHER title shot? Make Chael work for it since he just got beat up by silva. Dana white will do anything to keep a card going apparently.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    The ammo Chael will have now. Fuck Michael Jackson and his popcorn, what follows will be epic.
    Oh yeah. Apparently Chael was with his GF's sick father in the hospital. Hasn't had a full training camp. Probably hasn't even added any weight to be a comparable LHW. Yet he takes the fight. Dude might be crazy but he has brass balls.

As a huge fan of both Jones and Greg Jackson, I'm extremely disappointed in their selfish, arrogant, and cowardly choice.

I'm in disbelief. Jones just bit the hand that feeds him and I can only expect things to go south for him. I mean, not only is Jones employed by the UFC, but the's SPONSORED by the UFC. And he just cost them millions of dollars in losses.

Not just that, but a ton of fighters on the card are out of a pay day.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Gates View Post
    People are crazy ignorant saying jones ducked Chael. 8 days notice? Common now, any logical person would know 8 days before the fight isn't near enough time to figure a gameplan out. Chael is ruthless and even though I want jones to smash him its everythin to gain for Chael and everything to lose for jones. Also why would jones wanna let Chael talk his way into ANOTHER title shot? Make Chael work for it since he just got beat up by silva. Dana white will do anything to keep a card going apparently.
    Pre "Greg Jackson" gameplan Jon Jones who could barely strike would still beat Sonnen. No gameplan full camp well rounded Jones would beat undersized one trick pony sans overhand right Chael.

I mean, no one's blaming Machida. 8 days isn't enough to prepare for a title fight. Jones has been training. I'm sure Jackson has seen Chael fight. I don't get Jackson/Jones' choice.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    Chael Sonnen is my hero.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    10th Planet Corona
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Gates View Post
    Michael Bisping fought chael on 8 days notice and arguably won the fight. Just saying.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    I def wouldn't fight machida 8 days notice because u really need to do your homework with him , Chael is a little different. You know he wants to take u down and grind u out so jones probably could have taken it but again he's letting Sonnen talk himself into a title fight he doesn't deserve.

Array

School
    Does Chael deserve a title shot? Nah. But Jones has fought and beaten bigger and better fighters. I'm almost sure that if Greg Jackson wasn't in his ear, he'd have taken the fight.

Now he's on the company's bad side. Looks like he ducked what appears to be an easy fight for him. Screwed like 20 guys out of their paychecks.

Worst case scenario.....Jones loses. I'm sure he would likely get an immediate rematch. The UFC seems to like doing that. If nothing else, he wins one fight and gets back to the title. I think it's crazy how he doesn't want to take on an underprepared Chael in 8 days, but wants to fight a fully prepared Machida. I don't get it.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast