Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Hollywood HQ
    Quote Originally Posted by derrick ikwueme View Post
    so ! jones isn't responsible for every fighter's financials that's just crazy, people jump off and on fighters dicks more than groupie chicks, it's pretty silly, this is the dumbest shit ever to blame him for not taking a bum fight. with MMA fans your damned if you do damned if you don't, if he ragdolled chael with ease people would say oh! well that fight was too easy, damn MMA fans are some fickle & silly little fuckers. i'd only expect this from "band waggon buffalo wild wing fans" not vets.
    Derrick, Get off Jones' dick then. Hat's off to Chael.

Array

School
    Salem
    Clown fools. But in all seriousness. Just looking at it without any bias involved. There is a reason John Jones didn't take the fight being who he is. And there is a reason Chael stood up and took the fight being who he is. That is just that. Just simple facts. But any fighter back in the day would have called Jones a coward. If your that skilled and that talented and you are as ready as you'll ever be. Take the fight..

Array

School
    Gracie University
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaine Stevens View Post
    Lol, holy cow this thread went to shit when I left. Still some valid points being tossed around. But still anyone who thinks Chael is in it for the payday or the fame is a clown. Bar none, drop dead clown. There are better ways to make money and the dude is intelligent enough to pursue those options. Read my post.

If there is ANYWAY you can somehow make a promise to a dead family member out to be a bitch move. I will revoke my statement about you more blatant John John's fans being fools. And clowns..

I'm not at all biased towards Jones.
    I wanted to see him get knocked out by Hendo, though it seemed unlikely.
    I'm not really much of a fan of his, but he deserves props for what he has done, and if you want to hate him, do it with something real, not fake indignation.

Also, I'll say it again.
    Sonnen is a shit talker, who shit talks his way into fame.
    He shit talked Anderson till he got his rematch, and lost it, and now he is shit talking another champ at a chance that he will be thrown a title shot.

I have no doubt that he wants to fight, and comes to fight, but his way of securing fights is low down.
    He's said shit about fighters family members, and crossed the line too much with his act, and it's disgraceful.

The extreme fans of any fighter all seem to be sycophants in some respect.
    You just lean towards Sonnen, as some people lean to Jones.

Personally the only fighter who's nuts I might be guilty of getting on are Randy's, or BJ.
    Jones?
    Not so much.

Array

School
    10th Planet Hollywood HQ
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell C View Post

Chael only offered to jump in because he knew that he wouldn't get the fight.
    That's the ONLY reason he offered.
    And now he has more fuel to shit talk, like he always does.
    No one is stupid enough to believe that, not even you, come on.

Array

School
    Gracie University
    Quote Originally Posted by John Sheridan View Post
    No one is stupid enough to believe that, not even you, come on.
    Hey, let's not slip in feinted personal attacks.

In all seriousness, do you think Chael thought for even a second that Jones would accept a fight with him?
    Especially when 2 other people are in line for title shots. (Hendo and Machida)

If you actually believed that Chael thought that Jones would accept a fight with him just like that, then you're out of your mind. lol

Array

School
    Salem
    Dude, when things just are as they are. I will root for Jones and I have before. He is talented there is no disputing that. But who he is as a person stinks to high heaven. He is fake. I don't care how you try to spell it. That is were the dislike comes from.

Chael is honest to a point. Outrageous to another. Anyone with a brain can tell when he actually means something and when he is trying to get into people's heads. Look at Diaz getting into GSP's head. That shit works! Do you want the situation with boxing's Floyd and Pac? Were they can't even agree to fight? That is where things are headed with people like Jones.

Array

School
    Salem
    And in response to that. Dude, John's said he would smash Chael. That is a good enough invitation to me.

Array

School
    10th Planet Hollywood HQ
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell C View Post
    Hey, let's not slip in feinted personal attacks.

In all seriousness, do you think Chael thought for even a second that Jones would accept a fight with him?
    Especially when 2 other people are in line for title shots. (Hendo and Machida)

If you actually believed that Chael thought that Jones would accept a fight with him just like that, then you're out of your mind. lol

Actions speak louder then words, Chael was ready to step up and Jones peed on himself.

Array

School
    Easton
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Mccaghren View Post
    Chael Sonnen is my hero.
    mine too.

Array

School
    Gracie University
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaine Stevens View Post
    Dude, when things just are as they are. I will root for Jones and I have before. He is talented there is no disputing that. But who he is as a person stinks to high heaven. He is fake. I don't care how you try to spell it. That is were the dislike comes from.

Chael is honest to a point. Outrageous to another. Anyone with a brain can tell when he actually means something and when he is trying to get into people's heads. Look at Diaz getting into GSP's head. That shit works! Do you want the situation with boxing's Floyd and Pac? Were they can't even agree to fight? That is where things are headed with people like Jones.

Because he wouldn't take a fight on 8 days notice?

Alrighty. lol

He is fake. I don't care how you try to spell it. That is were the dislike comes from.

Chael is honest to a point
    That just seems seething with bias...

I think Jones is pretty phoney with all his good christian act and whatnot, same with Bendo, I bet he has some gnarly skeletons in his closet.

But Chael is disrespectful and crosses the line.
    Sure, a lot of it IS an act, and of course, anyone who doesn't know when he's clearly just bullshitting (like his whole thing about living on the hard streets having to see people liter) is being gullible.

But some of the shit he has said about people's families, crosses the line, kidding or not.
    You can't just sweep that under the rug, this isn't pro wrestling, and while Chael's shit might be funny, it just gives a bad image to the sport, and that's really one of the things killing it also.

Same with people like Nick Diaz tbh, whom I am a huge fan of.
    Sadly, he isn't putting up an act like Chael is, and it's led to brawls.

But yeah, not sure how you can only call Jones fake, and then give Chael a pass because he is funny.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast