Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester

Jones VS Belfort!!

Lyoto declined the title match, probably wanted a full training camp.. Vitor Belfort is fighting Jones now. I kinda like this match up, better than a rematch atleast

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    This is such a mess. I'll be hoping Belfort gets that flash KO. But Jones is gonna win. This is still a tougher fight than Sonnen. I dont' get the logic.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    I agree this whole deal is a mess. I woke up and read about vitor and instantly thought wtf? Went to bed he was fighting machida and woke up to him fighting vitor

Array

School
    Ronin
    This sucks for Alan Belcher, wasn't he training with Eddie to get set to fight Belfort?

how does Vitor get the title shot??

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike May View Post
    This sucks for Alan Belcher, wasn't he training with Eddie to get set to fight Belfort?
    Damn, that's right.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack k View Post
    how does Vitor get the title shot??
    Because an underprepared Sonnen can't talk his way into a title shot, but Vitor can....because Jones says so. SMH. This is getting ridiculous.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Vitor came out of left field

Array

School
    Gracie University
    Quote Originally Posted by David Rosado View Post
    Damn, that's right.

Because an underprepared Sonnen can't talk his way into a title shot, but Vitor can....because Jones says so. SMH. This is getting ridiculous.

If you didn't read the huge press release by the UFC, they just pretty much blamed the entire thing on Jones, on the official UFC page.
    At that point, I also would of been like "ok, fuck it, who do you want me to fight to shut you up?"

The guy is what 23? He can barely piss on his own. The UFC needs to keep a shorter leash on Jones so he cant fuck shit up.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell C View Post
    If you didn't read the huge press release by the UFC, they just pretty much blamed the entire thing on Jones, on the official UFC page.
    At that point, I also would of been like "ok, fuck it, who do you want me to fight to shut you up?"
    It's ironic isn't it though. If he would've just done this to begin with (played ball), his business relationship with the UFC and Dana would still be in tact, he'd get paid earlier, get to take time off sooner, the UFC wouldn't have lost money, the other fighters would've been able to fight and get paid.....and so he finally decides to fight whoever just so they'd shut up, and he's still fighting an undersized LHW who did horribly in his last two fights a weight class down, in a fight that will have little to no impact on his "legacy." Greg Jackson being the master strategist that he is definitely dropped the ball on this one. Lose lose situation for Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by Cody Kietzman View Post
    The guy is what 23? He can barely piss on his own. The UFC needs to keep a shorter leash on Jones so he cant fuck shit up.
    Seems like Jackson is the one holding the leash. Jackson has the potential to do to Jones what M-1 did to Fedor.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast