Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    the above video link is an ESPN interview where Sonnen absolutely rips apart Jon Jones in every possible logical reasoning of Christ!

Array

School
    10th Planet Van Nuys
    JBJ is not Anderson Silva. He uses strength and reach to beat his opponents, Anderson Silva uses exceptinoal technique, experience and speed. I think a solid muscle gained TRT Sonnen has a better chance beating JBJ than Silva any day of the week.

Array

School
    Gracie University
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyK5 View Post
    JBJ is not Anderson Silva. He uses strength and reach to beat his opponents, Anderson Silva uses exceptinoal technique, experience and speed. I think a solid muscle gained TRT Sonnen has a better chance beating JBJ than Silva any day of the week.
    Now here I'm gonna look like a jones apologist here...but, I get kind of put off by people saying all he is is a big long fighter, and that's all he has, like it's some kind of unfair advantage or something. lol

The guy is a great dynamic striker, he has amazing wrestling and ground and pound.

There is NO denying that.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    You cant fault a guy for having the reach. He makes weight so regardless if its an advantage hes just using what evolution gave him
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    Aspiring 10th Planet Fans/Alpha Tae Kwon Do
    Apparently Jones needs a full fight camp for him though.
    Bam. I love Jones too but if I have to pick sides it's Chael here.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet Van Nuys
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Smith View Post
    You cant fault a guy for having the reach. He makes weight so regardless if its an advantage hes just using what evolution gave him
    I did not fault him, I was just judging the match up and talking about the differences between Sonnen Vs Silva and Sonnen Vs Jones.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    I did not fault him, I was just judging the match up and talking about the differences between Sonnen Vs Silva and Sonnen Vs Jones.
    Reread and Im sorry, I misunderstood what you were saying when I originally read it. I think Silva would have a pretty good chance of beating Jones on the feet because of his sound stand up technique. I think he could get on the inside of Jones' giraffe reach. But Silva's takedown defense is pretty bad so I dont think Jones would even try to hang with Silva on the feet. I dont think Sonnen could get on the inside without eating combo after combo plus Jones' wrestling, I think, could shut down Chaels. Lots of "I thinks" but since its hypothetical it works
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Smith View Post
    I dont think Sonnen could get on the inside without eating combo after combo plus Jones' wrestling, I think, could shut down Chaels. Lots of "I thinks" but since its hypothetical it works
    That's exactly what I think, but I would've loved to see the fight regardless...Chael usually shoots, and closes the distance as soon as the fight starts, or swings a bit then does it as if he was a Gracie or something, but against Jones it would be like trying to shoot on a guy at the other end of a football field with that reach.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12