Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Newport
    Hey bro I work with Defense Soap. We are the best, get all the free stuff you can for sure but make sure you use the good stuff too. 15% off all the soap use the code- 10thPlanet. I am a purple belt under Gerald Strebendt and 10th Planet Eugene is covered in Defense Soap! Add GUY SAKO on Facebook. He is a good man, a wrestling coach, his son is a college wrestler. He built the brand from home many years ago because there was no over the counter remedy for Ringworm. Today his business is booming. He has been in the game for years. Hit him up. I actually invented one of his products too called The Ultimate Foot Cleaning Station! I made it in my garage and sent him the prototype when I was fed up with nasty feet being brushed across my face during some intense jits practice. This thing is perfect for pools, locker rooms, matside..wherever there is multiple people with naked feet touching the ground. Check it out! I came up with this because I am a little bit of a germ-a-phobe, but also because our community has to look out for each other. I plan on being on the mats for a while, I hope you can be too. Good luck and heal up.

http://www.defensesoap.com/magshop/i...station-1.html
    I started training in 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu in 2006 after serving 4 years in the USAF.
    I became a professional MMA fighter in 2009 and got my blackbelt from Eddie in January of 2016.
    Owner of the Tsunami Training Center in Newport, Oregon.
    http://www.tsunamitc.com

Array

School
    Westshore Wrestling Club
    Hi John,

Here our Defense Soap prevention tips. If you would like a free sample please email me at defensesoap@msn.com and I will hook you up. We realize you are in New Zealand but that us no concern to us...we she worldwide.

In the Shower

1. Do not lather directly under the flow of water. Allow soap to remain on skin momentarily.
    2. Use a loofah (mesh sponge) but not too vigorously. Vigorous scrubbing will cause small abrasions to the surface of the skin allowing penetration by the sources of infection.
    3. Wash the back of the neck and hairline thoroughly. The Collar Tie is responsible for the over abundance of skin infections found here. Our hands touch everything in the wrestling room including the mats, our bodies, our opponent’s body and anything else you might pick up. Everything collected by our hands is transferred to the back of our opponent’s neck. Wash this area twice.
    4. Wear shower shoes. Athlete’s foot is caused by the same Tinea (fungus) that causes ringworm.
    5. Do not share towels and wash towels after each use.
    6. Dry off thoroughly.
    7. Wear loose fitting clothes to allow your skin to breathe.

In the Gym

We also need to protect ourselves on the mats. We all know that the mats are a battlefield. They are a place we go to compete or to train and prepare for competition. Part of this preparation and training should include proper hygiene. Here are a few tips that can help in the room.

1. Carry your shoes to practice. When leaving the room for water or bathroom breaks wipe your shoes before entering back into the room. Shoes can be wiped on a towel dampened with solution from your bucket of mat cleaner. Wet the towel in the bucket before cleaning the mats.
    2. Fighters who train barefoot should never walk on the floor without proper foot coverings.
    3. The foot coverings should always be removed before entering the mats or ring.
    4. Change your shirt often during practice. Once a shirt becomes soaked in sweat it becomes permeable. Your sweat becomes a vehicle for infections to pass through your clothing and onto your skin.
    5. Wear a thick cotton t-shirt or clothing made of synthetic fibers that "wick" the sweat away from the body, helping to keep the skin dry.
    6. When sitting on the wall do not play with the mats. Wrestlers often lean with their backs against the wall with their hands at their sides touching the edges of the mats along the wall. Take a look at what is in between the wall and the edge of the mat. When was the last time this area was cleaned and when was the last time your wall mats were cleaned?
    7. Do not train with partners who have skin infections and do not train if you, yourself are infected.
    8. Cover and treat any trauma to the skin including, cuts, scrapes, and new tattoos. New tattoos are the product of the skin being pierced literally thousands of times. Always apply an antibiotic ointment or healing salve before covering for added protection. Of course this is going to fall off during training and will have to be recovered.
    9. When leaving the room always, always, always, consider yourself contaminated because you are. Shower immediately and properly. If a shower is not available use a body wipe to hold you over until you can shower.

Don't Forget The Equipment. Be sure to use Defense Sanitizer on the following items.

Having a clean room is also a necessity but a clean room is more then just mopping the mats. There are many more surfaces that we come in contact with other than floor mats. Consider cleaning the following:

1. Wall mats.
    2. Takedown dummies. (Remove the clothing and launder it and wipe down vinyl surfaces.)
    3. Throw dummies.
    4. Crash pads or throw mats.
    5. Fighters, wipe down your bags, bag gloves and your hands after wearing bag gloves.
    6. Fungi like to live in damp and dark places. Make your room light and dry. A dehumidifier can pull moisture out of your room.
    7. Battling skin infections is more then just topical. Diet can play a huge role in how healthy our skin is and healthy skin is harder to infect. Here are a few diet and skin care tips:
    8. Keep your blood sugars under control. Aim for blood sugars of 80 mg/dl to 120 mg/dl before meals, and 100 mg/dl to 140 mg/dl at bedtime.
    9. Keep your Hemoglobin A1c at 7% or less (a 3 month average blood sugar test). This prevents dry skin.
    10. Drink eight glasses of water a day. Of course when cutting weight we all would love to have eight glasses of water however we just cannot do this. Applying lotion to the skin will help keep it moist.
    11. Eat whole grains, fresh fruits and vegetables and small amounts of lean protein rather then sugary or fat laden foods. Keep a balanced diet even when cutting back.
    12. Rest to increase your body’s resistance. You will catch infections easier if you are worn down.
    13. Once infected, proper care is required to rid you of the infection and promote healing.
    14. Do not touch the infection. Wash your hands immediately if you do touch an infection.
    15. Consult your trainer or physician with all possible infections. The sooner you treat an infection the less established it would be. The infection will be easier to clear up, creating less damage to the skin.
    16. Use medicine completely and as recommended. The infection may still be present even though it may not be visible.
    17. Use the proper medication for each infection. Using the wrong medicine my make the infection worse. An example of this is using cortisone creams on fugal infections, which help fungus grow.
    18. Many of us train for hours a day for competition, some are coaches and some just want to stay in shape. Whatever reason we have to be on the mat or in the ring, we all share the common threat of skin infections. Preventing, treating and curing skin infections can be made easier with a little education on the topic.

Hope this helps,

Guy
    Defense Soap

Array

School
    10th Planet Riverside
    That's why I love to be part of the 10th planet family!
    You mother fuckers are awesome

I'll get in touch with everybody that replied

Thank you guys so much!
    "Never go full retard"
    Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Periscope @10P4L

Just got a motherfucking gallon of defense soap. Feels good man.

Would have been nice to know about that 15% off code beforehand though, haha!

Array

School
    10th Planet Soldotna
    Can you expand on the body wipes a little further? Are they a product that is widely available? Or would I have to special order them? I would love to get them before I head out to Denver as I have to head straight to the airport after the seminar and a shower wouldn't be an option for like three hours after..

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Fort Lauderdale HB
    Quote Originally Posted by Barber View Post
    Can you expand on the body wipes a little further? Are they a product that is widely available? Or would I have to special order them? I would love to get them before I head out to Denver as I have to head straight to the airport after the seminar and a shower wouldn't be an option for like three hours after..
    Here is the link to the sbc body wipes.
    http://www.superbodycare.com/products_wipes.html

Array

School
    products are sold at lots of 'em
    Thanks! Really cool to hear those Hygiene awareness posters have worked out! Thanks for that.

Array

School
    products are sold at lots of 'em
    Quote Originally Posted by Barber View Post
    Hey Barber -
    Check out our store locator here to see if anything is close to you.
    If by chance you are visiting 303 Training Center in Denver area, they have product.

You know before I go on sounding like an infomercial, I think it's important to tell everyone why I got into the business of creating Super Body Care products. In a nutshell, essential oils make up some of the components of a plant's immune system that help fend off bacteria, fungi, viruses, and pests in the wild. Harnessing the power of Plant/Essential Oils are absolutely amazing. I saw how powerful they were firsthand when I studied to become a Certified Aromatherapist in 2004. I got into this because as an average healthy person, I was still pissed I had to go to the Dr. to get some prescription to fix whatever common ailment ailed me. And then I had to deal with the side effects of whatever harsh crap they prescribed me caused. It really is a load of capitalistic and lobbied BS, the crap the health system prescribes us, that only treats symptoms, not root cause. (not all the stuff is bad but damn a lot of it is!) So I set out to create my products using a well-rounded blend of essential oils (lavender - magical as a skin regenerator for wounds!!, peppermint - molecules are shaped like diamonds to penetrate deep!, rosemary - very good at being anti-viral, bergamot - a citrus only grown in Italy that is historically documented for acne, and tea Tree - you all know Tea Tree). This is one of SEVERAL formulas I have created over the last 8 years. However, I want Super Body Care to deliver the "Starbucks experience" every time. Meaning, you can depend on good hygiene each and every time as a practitioner of a demanding sport. So, to summarize, this is why I got into the biz, to make a difference, empower people with products that can solve and treat common issues, all with the help of nature's intelligence and plant's immune systems. It's all for a reason. Call it divine, the Fibonacci sequence, by design; the plants are here to help and we are here for them too in a beautiful symbiotic relationship that the school system fails to teach us while we are left to observe and figure it out on our own. Sadly we've been outsmarted by technology and big pharma and we're in this cluster of inexplicable disease and toxic environments, all in the name of technology. I know you guys on this forum like Eddie because he thinks outside the box. I appreciate him for the same reason. I have my own way of thinking outside the box in my area of expertise. I don't think I've ever told you my story, because I've been so caught up in sustaining my biz, but that is why! To provide people with powerful, safe, and relatively cheap choices that nature has had available to us all along since we co-evolved with the plants. The rabbit hole goes much deeper, but I give you a taste of the blue pill, if you like that kinda thing. Which I clearly do.

Barber to expand on the body wipes....
    The Body Wipes are effective at cleansing the skin completely. Please see our test results posted online. With only 40% alcohol plus the blend of essential oils, it boasts the same effectiveness of other products on the market with 90% alcohol. It also has vitamin E to moisturize. It smells and feels great, and makes a great virtual shower when there are none available. 210 wipes last a long damn time too. If you're into the Green thing, they are biodegradable. Plus it using them means you'll be one of the cool kids in class and the ladies will be swooning all over you because you smell so damn fresh after training. true story.

Thanks
    Cheri
    cheri@superbodycare.com
    http://www.facebook.com/MzBomb
    http://www.SuperBodyCare.com

Array

School
    Westshore Wrestling Club
    Hi Barber,

Shoot me an email and I will send you some sample wipes. Its best to try before making a purchase.

defensesoap@msn.com

Guy
    Defense Soap

Everyone is right when they say, "don't shower before you train." the natural bacterias on your skin are a good defense against infections. I would also like to recommend this new upcoming called called "Gi-Soap". I recently contacted them and they gave me a free full-sized sample bar of soap. Very good guys, and the soap is all natural and surely works... Here's the link: http://www.facebook.com/GiSoap

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast