Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    Fuck Ben drives 1.5hr to class and he averages 3x a week.
    Yup. I thought I had it bad taking a 30 minute walk home. Then he's like, yeah, I'm about an hour away. I'm like GEEEEZ! That's serious love of the game right there.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Ben is like and 1.5 away, Sarkis is almost an hour.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Damn Sarkis too? Geez. Excuses are looking weaker and weaker.

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Smith View Post
    Yes. Theres a couple old school highlight reels

I can see why he reacted that way. Only because as you stated youre just starting off. Eventhough you are a smart grappler and werent just going to snatch it and rip his head off, hes probably seen a number of injuries from newbies getting ahold of something and just going balls to the wall. I know ive seen it especially with leg locks. Just stopping the match would have been sufficient but he was probably reacting out of fear of seeing another injury.
    That being said I would evaluate whether this gym is going to give you what you want. If you want to be able to apply submissions like the twister, which is a legit sub, I'd look elsewhere.
    +1, that guy almost ripped my knee out that one day remember.

Array

School
    Royce Gracie Network
    Well I just recently moved so it'd be 10p Sherman I believe

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    [QUOTE=Ron Almeida;141135]the twister can be used in high school wrestling
    Technically true, even though H.S Wrestling has become more like patty cake making figure 4's and clamps illegal in most situations.
    I always thought the twister looked familiar to me the first time I saw it, it is basically a wrestling move called the guillotine just pulling more for torque than to pin your opponent. Either way I love it!

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    Ben is like and 1.5 away, Sarkis is almost an hour.
    I'm a 1 hour & 20 minutes one way & that's speeding on the Thruway. Winter will make it a much longer ride.

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Melbourne Oz Australia
    You know, many of my students drive at least an hour to get to training at 10th planet Melbourne and none of them have ever complained about it once, and then I have some dudes that live literally a few blocks away and hardly see them.

The truth always comes out as to who really wants it more, and funnily enough, the ones that travel most are my top guys so go figure.

Array

School
    John Frankl Jiu-Jitsu Competition Team
    Similar thing happened to me before during my first month at my BJJ academy.
    I was pulling of Twister whenever I had chances and in the end my instructor forbade me from using it saying its an illegal move plus it can really hurt someone if you're not careful.
    My academy trains both gi and no-gi but we have some restrictions.
    We're not allowed to use heel hook, twister, neck crank (unless its a neck crank from d'arce and anaconda) and so on.
    I'm not allowed to pull of twister when I'm rolling with lower belts but I'm allowed to pull it of against higher belts.
    As far as I know, most academies don't allow you to pull of twister or any other spinal locks cuz they think its really dangerous unless its a MMA gym or one of the 10th planet gyms.

Array

School
    10th Planet Hollywood HQ
    Go to another school.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast